Outdoor Python Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daz927

Reaction score
I've just finished building a 2700L x 900W outdoor enclosure for my olive python, still need to add plants before i transfer her in. Just thought i'd post some pics and see what what you guys think.

Attachments

• P1000988cnv.jpg
    P1000988cnv.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 315
  • P1000986cnv.jpg
    P1000986cnv.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 280
  • P1000983cnv.jpg
    P1000983cnv.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 293
  • P1000981cnv.jpg
    P1000981cnv.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Diamond Enclosure 900 x 900

Attachments

• P1000754cnv.jpg
    P1000754cnv.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0185cnv.jpg
    IMG_0185cnv.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 268
Are you using steel or alluminium for the frame, and curious how do you get your python out of the hide on the lower section where the bark is, is there a door on the other side? Great looking enclosure though.

how clever are u, that looks great!!! :p

what a lucky olive!!

Wow "drools" looks great :)
just a suggestion - if you get some branches for the middle it would help use that extra space and give the snakes something extra to climb on,
But like I said it looks great :) :) :)

Looks like aluminum frame. Looks good mate I'm going to put my olive in an outdoor enclosure this summer, just have to get around to building it

Are you using steel or alluminium for the frame, and curious how do you get your python out of the hide on the lower section where the bark is, is there a door on the other side? Great looking enclosure though.

It's 25mm box alluminium that's been clear anodised. The hide at the bottom is just piece of form ply that is resting on the alluminium frame, the front bit has a small return just for bracing, the whole thing just lifts up, easy to get out the door as well not that heavy.

looks good, any heating on the olives enclosure?

The plastic enclosed section acts sort of like a greenhouse, that end of the enclosure gets sun for the full morning through till about 1-2pm and that provides more than enough heat for an olive, the other end of the enclosure has tree cover

Last edited:
Brisbane is a long way south of there natural range, so middle of winter if there's no sun & cold nights I doubt it will have 'more than enough heat'.
Great design, I'd just give him a heat pad or something for the cooler months.

Great enclosures, here's one I've got in progress, its 6 individual 1 meter cube cages, the snakes will be put in there for a few days at a time for some sun.
View attachment 214887

Attachments

• DSC_0334.jpg
    DSC_0334.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 240
I'm so tempted to do an outdoor enclosure for a caostal after reading this thread, living in south east Qld it would be perfect.

I love these enclosures. Too bad I don't know how to weld...yet...

There is no welding in these enclosure. Cut to length, corner joiners, plates and screws. You can cut the aluminium with a jigsaw, or docking saw, wire cutters and a good cordless drill for the rest.

Interesting... I may have to build me some of these. I like the fact that they are up off the ground (so my dog can't annoy the occupants), removable (cause we're renting our house) and just look pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back