Past Shoulders to Bald

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Digitaliss

Well my finance has decided to do the "Leukemia Foundation - Worlds Greatest Shave". I was and still am rather shocked that he has decided to do this and I am having a hard time coping with it. He has beautiful long hair that when properly groomed sits between his shoulder blades in nice brown ringlets. I have never been a fan of short hair and I know that I will hate him bald, but its a good cause so I don't want to tell him not to. Does any one have any tips on convincing myself that its ok. I know it will grow back but still....

Real men dont have long curly hair. Tell him to shave it of then go join the army and get some sweat on his brow then get him to kill something, anything he needs to get his testosterone levels higher. Properly groomed- does he bake and sew as well, give him a chainsaw and an axe and get him to cut down the neighbours tree. the only grooming a man should do is his horse before he jumps on its back and then rounds something up with it before going into bush with mates for a campfire

:rolleyes::rolleyes: ^^^^^

Digitaliss its for a wonderful cause hun, and hair grows back. I think its very brave of him, and i am sure youll love him even more for doing such a kind hearted thing!

Real men dont have long curly hair. Tell him to shave it of then go join the army and get some sweat on his brow then get him to kill something, anything he needs to get his testosterone levels higher. Properly groomed- does he bake and sew as well, give him a chainsaw and an axe and get him to cut down the neighbours tree. the only grooming a man should do is his horse before he jumps on its back and then rounds something up with it before going into bush with mates for a campfire
HA HA HA HA this has me giggling, no wonder I am confused.... I have too much testosterone.... MUST go bake and sew and learn PMT symptoms, take lessons on girly shopping, learn how not to fall off stilettos etc .... Well done WP ;)

Digit,
think of it as a sexy make over, that is also for a good cause :)

Last edited:
Oh god I relate to this. My partner has REALLY long (totally ungroomed) dreadlocks. The first time he tried to grow his hair he got so annoyed by it that he just shaved it off! He came to work bald and I didn't even recognize him. I just told him outright that guys look amazing bald and he is definitely not one of them :)

Tell him congrats for doing it too, you'll get used to it soon enough and I bet your support would make him feel so good about doing it for charity :)

I meant to say some guys, such as Von diesel haha

Another edit: VIN Diesel. This autocorrect is about to cop it...

I recently went from dreads down to my butt to a shaved head and I tell you it's the best feeling ever. So, even though he only has long hair and not dreads, you should rest easier knowing his life will be so much easier with it shaved

Nothing wrong with a shaved head, mines always 1mm sides and back and 3mm on top. You could set your watch to my hair. Pros. Always neat, Easy to keep clean & Is for a great cause!!! Plus you'll love rubbing his head for some reason you women love doing that.

i disagree, i think as his partner she has every right to ask him not to do it, physical attraction plays a big part in relationships.. and before you jump on me for disagreeing with you, keep in mind that i have a younger sister who had leukaemia and i have had my head shaved in support of cancer..

but that isn't what she is doing, she is trying to be as supportive as possible despite her feelings about it which is great because it really is a good cause and it's only hair..

that said, i say let him go for it he might even look better for it.. i had hair longer than your partners for years and the best thing i did was cut it all off about years ago, initially to a much shorter length and now down to a very short level, i don't regret it at all and look much better for it..

forgot to add, you can raise money without cutting you're hair off so trying to use that as your argument is invalid..

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have to do it (go bald) to raise money... I just do it naturally....

BTW - it is a build up of testosterone in the wrong place (that makes men go bald).... Which could explain why I always have sex on my mind....

I guess if I was going to raise money for a foundation like this I'd have to wear a wig....

Last edited:
I don't have to do it (go bald) to raise money... I just do it naturally....
same here
BTW - it is a build up of testosterone in the wrong place (that makes men go bald).... Which could explain why I always have sex on my mind....
a solar panel for a ... ?
I guess if I was going to raise money for a foundation like this I'd have to wear a wig....
I painted my head pink one year but then people avoided me. Or more correctly, people avoided more even more than usual and at a greater distance

tell him not to do it if he wants to give to charity there are other ways to demonstrate this without the cost of his partner being turned off him.
I have long hair and will never cut it.

Im going to make one thing quite clear here. I know that he is doing this for a great cause, im not going to deny that at all. I think it is wonderful that he is raising money for such a worthy foundation. I plan to support him right the way through this and also help him fund raise.

My post on here was not to whinge and moan that he was doing this, just to see how others have coped with such dramatic physical changes, as yes I know, its not as if he is having a leg amputated or anything of the sort; Its only hair, it will grow back.

This was a very sudden decision for him and happened over the space of 8hrs without him even mentioning it prior, it was a shock. I never expected him to choose to shave, it was very out of character especially when there are so many other ways to fund raise.

I see that I have offended some people, which was not at all my intention so for this I again apologize.

Don't worry about offending people. On a forum this big people are bound to whinge about something you say eventually.
You really might be surprised how much you like it anyway.

Last edited:
Some people need to relax a little. Why is it 99% of chat threads turn into hateful posts. The op was talking about dealing with the change not telling him not to raise money to charity. I for one won't shave my head mailny because I have a 300mm scar from surgery, but each to there own. It's a good thing to support, as for the op not to sure if there any ways to get use to it other then time. I support heaps of charities that let me keep my hair instead lol

Im going to make one thing quite clear here. I know that he is doing this for a great cause, im not going to deny that at all. I think it is wonderful that he is raising money for such a worthy foundation. I plan to support him right the way through this and also help him fund raise.

My post on here was not to whinge and moan that he was doing this, just to see how others have coped with such dramatic physical changes, as yes I know, its not as if he is having a leg amputated or anything of the sort; Its only hair, it will grow back.

This was a very sudden decision for him and happened over the space of 8hrs without him even mentioning it prior, it was a shock. I never expected him to choose to shave, it was very out of character especially when there are so many other ways to fund raise.

I see that I have offended some people, which was not at all my intention so for this I again apologize.

It never ceases to amaze me just how quickly a seemingly innocuous thread about hair, of all things, can degenerate into all out word-brawling. I don't think you have anything to apologise for, personally.

Digitaliss...honey, you have nothing to apologise for.....!! Even when women have long hair and suddenly cut it, it's a shock. Lots of men hate their women to have short hair, so I understand why you feel the way you do. And to go from shaved hair to being very long again will take a long time. Funny, when I met my husband, neither of us wore glasses, Brian got them first, and I HATED them on him...now we've both worn glasses for over 20 yrs and it's amazing....you get used to the new look, and I think we both look better with them.

My brother, 70 yrs old next month.....is going to ride 200 klm in October to raise money for cancer research, there are lots of different ways to raise money. Become part of a cancer support group and do regular things, help people who already have cancer, visit a childrens hospital oncology ward....offer to take people to chemo appointments...all sorts of ways. Contact the Cancer Council in your state and ask them what different things can be done....they'll give you lots of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back