personality change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antaresia_boy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all,
I ot my first snake, a childreni, about 4 months ago. he was always perfect, never bit. about 3 or 4 weeks ago he started snapping occasionaly. he's done this maybe 5 times, always when i'm trying to get him out. should i continue to handle him regularly and ignore the snaps (he's 40 cms long...not hard to ignore) or leave him lone except for feeding.
he only snaps when i try to take him off his fav resting place, on top of his fluoro light (always turned off, only used for viewing purposes). I want to fill up the gap between the light and the top of the cage ( the light is mounted on the back wall), what is good to fill it in?

thanks very much, Jamie

Childreni can be a bit like that. You might want to invest in a snake hook to retrieve him from the cage.

It depends a bit on the gap size etc. I use gap filler to seal the joins in enclosures which will work if it is a small gap. An issue you will have is heat (despite saying you do not use the light much). You may be better off purchasing a light cage and putting it over the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back