Pet city Mtgravatt overpriced

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rents vary in different areas and different cities and locations. Shops are all different sizes so different rents.Wages have to be paid........so will always be dearer than a online herp place with no overheads and no rents.......
Shops also get bigger discounts when they buy pallets of stuff then buying just two or three...so hence a better price.... but cannot justify buying pallets of the same thing if it is just not going to sell............ all these things need to come into consideration before anyone can compare..........if you don't like the price a shop charges just go somewhere else.......if the shop is much further away, make sure you add your petrol on....JMO

Rents vary in different areas and different cities and locations. Shops are all different sizes so different rents.Wages have to be paid........so will always be dearer than a online herp place with no overheads and no rents.......
Shops also get bigger discounts when they buy pallets of stuff then buying just two or three...so hence a better price.... but cannot justify buying pallets of the same thing if it is just not going to sell............ all these things need to come into consideration before anyone can compare..........if you don't like the price a shop charges just go somewhere else.......if the shop is much further away, make sure you add your petrol on....JMO
well said Fay. just a shame that others that think the so called huge mark-up is all profit and that they dont understand why shops just grab a figure out of the air and attach it to their product.
its simple, if you dont like the shop and its prices shop somewhere else. and like Fay said dont forget to add the petrol to the cost. if your buying by mail order add the postage/freight to the price.
maybe the shop price isnt as high as you first thought for the convenience of walking in and getting what you wanted straight away instead of waiting for postage/freight to be delivered
cheers

i use eucalytus mulch in a couple of my enclosures, from bunnigns, works well, no problems, im using it for beardies, jackies and laceys.
I use it in my gtp box and its great for humidity when its sprayed and smells great.Its only $8-10 from bunnings.

Personally I don't bother freezing or boiling anything I get from outside.. Any reptile parasites living in the bark would have starved to death before you get the bark. There'll be no creatures in there that can do any harm to your reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back