Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frilly's are not fast !!!! TOO FUNNNY
ANY frilliy I've seen takes the first opportunity to get the hell outta here, and heads for the first way out to boot.

I would back frillies as binging the fast reptiles in OZ and the only one i can think of that runs on it's back legs. Fortunately it's usually for the nearest tree.
My frillies are nowhere near as tame as my beardies, they will sit on your hand but they get startled easily and will take off.

I would go a beardie... but what ever you get, put a mesh top on the tank... cause if there is a will there is a way and Im sure someone will recall my recent experience with my escapee!!! They manage to get out somehow!!! If you dont want a lizzie, get turts, they are really cool, but no matter what you get you have to be prepared to get a bigger enclosure for it later on... they grow!!! And the vegetarian thing... i cant think of any that are fully vegetarian... some maybe more so than others... lol, I used to be squemish with my turts and carry on about live food (black worms), now I look forward to friday afternoons almost as much as they do... I call it the 'killing fields'... you get over it pretty quick

all of you are talking about wild frilly's, have u ever seen a captive one? also i forgot about your licencing system please forgive me

It's funny when i say "my frillies" that they can still be interpreted as wild ones.

Yes MM i have seen many captive frillies, including my own, thats what i based my comments on.

He he he....I reckon frillies are great. The breeder i got my intergrade off had an aviary with a few in...I walked past it they hissed at me and up went the displays...Hilarious little buggers! They are actually quite tame when I handled one , even after their little demonstration which scared the crap outta me. :)

P.S Watch your language MM :D

not speeking from experiance here but land mullets look pretty dam cool. Maybe even a pink tounge skink they r just like the blueys but hav pink tongues and hav prehensil tail so they climb and stuff heaps more which is pretty cool....

shhhh, mr Charles Fryer get kinda unhappy when he's wrong and the whole worlds against him...
hey NoOne, have you found that your captive ones give up doing the show (frilling up) after getting used to being handled and around people ?

One of my frillies still frills at me a fair bit, He's the bigger one of the two. When i'm handling snakes they both go off, the slightest glance at a snake (especially olives) and the frills are up, hissing and carying on.

There are a number of vegetarian reptiles, just none in Australia. This thread is about 3 years old anyway. I would say that that person worked out that they really wanted a pet rabbit not a reptile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back