Pet Store Chain?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mje772003

Yesterday i was at the Pet Super Store at Capalaba and a guy that worked there was saying that there will be some new competition soon as Wesfarmers is opening petstores? Has anyone heard anything on this? I would like to know more.

I was speaking to a co worker today and was told that Wesfarmers owns the City Farmers stores can anyone confirm this?

I know there is a petbarn opening in Cleveland soon. Mind you neither is going to be any real competition for Pet superstore as they only sell basics

I was speaking to a co worker today and was told that Wesfarmers owns the City Farmers stores can anyone confirm this?
I heard rumours of this supposed to be happening few years ago but never got a strong enough word on it so took it as rubbish, they do have a couple of 'sister companies' though so not surprised

I work in one of these chains and yes Wesfarmers is City Farmers

Well i have been to both and i think that Pet Super Store wins hands down as they are more experienced and better prices too and great service too

Service is crap honestly!! I prefer Pet City. But have to agree about the experience. Ive been to City Farmers and none seem to know what they are talking about.

Pet superstore has quite good range over all, not to sure about reps but they have a few aqua experts who are happy to help.

Hope something pops up in Cleveland

I was in the market to purchase 2 microclimate B1Me's and shopped around Pet superstore was the cheapest and didn't need no club to join to get it at a great price like Pet City does it was even cheaper than the club price at Pet City
City Farmers are similar to Pet Stock limited range not much experience and prices a bit over the top

wonder if woolies are going to have their own version of city farmers?

nah Woolies have over extended themselves with the masters stores... the ones in competition with bunnings... I hope i don't land in doo doo for saying that!

I gotta pipe in and add that I REALLY hate when people go to one shop and because the staff there are idiots they assume that ALL the staff at ALL the shops are idiots....

We all know that's only true at Bunnings. =)

<------happy City Farmers employee

Many stores do offer bad advice, don't take the best care of the animals in store etc... but the City Farmers stores I've been to have been great- as far as pet stores go they're reasonably priced, carry a fair range of products, the staff are friendly and provide good advice to customers- from what I have experienced. I regularly visit my local store... Of course it will vary between stores and individual staff though. I also like the fact they don't sell puppies, kittens, birds etc- and every time I've been in three of their stores (haven't visited the other two in QLD yet) the fish have been well cared for, clean tanks, no dead fish etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back