Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antaresia_boy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
It all started when i walked into my room, followed by a troup of little brothers. I saw the cage door open. I felt my heart sink, but then i remembered that my snake hasn't moved in the last day...he'd just eaten. Just to be safe, i looked in his fav. hide...no snake. i quikly checked the rest no snake. i quickly yelled at my brothers not to stand on anything. 5 minutes of stripping my room bare, and herding brothers out of the room. after about 20 mins i thought over all the threads relating to lost snakes, and remembered that everybody says "check near the cage, they won't go far." With the help of my mum i move the cage, and lo and behold there was the little bugger, looking quite bewildered and wondering what all the fuss was about...
Just glad to have him back LOL

Aww thats lucky

Sometimes when i get my snake out, i open her door and let her come out by herself. The other day i did this,and sat down at the computer and FORGOT id left it open ..when i remembered i got scared..but she was just sitting on top thank goodness!!

It must be the day for it, I accidently left TOMAS' lid off his click clack this morning and he went walkies, I totally freaked...

So glad you found him though

Did you find out how the door got opened,has it got a lock on the enclosure,by the way im glad you found it.

hehe, may have been my 18 month bro, or i might have forgotten to close it properly. who knows. it does have a lock, but it's broken lol.

hehe, your a lucky one.
Last night i went to feed my baby Bredli Mimmi and she wasnt in her tub

.Her lid was closed .And i always check on her daily :cry: And i leave my windows open at night because its so warm but i have a fly net but there is a 2 cm gap under so dad thinks that she might have gone outside.

We searched my bedroom and did everything we could

I miss her so much.i was crying so hard.I have no idea how she could have escaped.

Its great that you found him Antaresia!

That sucks Nikki :( Keep looking! Sometimes they show up months later :)

I hate the feeling of when you cant find your herp. I couldn't find Nugungo (N.Levis Levis) anywhere. I checked the hides, the tunnels and couldn't see him. There was no way he could have gotten out. But then, he pocked his head out of a hole I have never seen :) I was happy!

lucky ya found him and nikki im sorry to hear bout ya snakie :( i know the gut wrenching feeling when u walk in and they aren't in there :(
.....the funny side of it was my housemates reaction to it though ;) hahaha
the male housemates were the ones who were scared/panicky too ;) hehehe
when i found him he just looked at me as if to say what?!? im comfy and warm go away.

Just remember Nikki,snake usually dont go to far away,there closer than you think,keep looking around the cage,in the smallest of spots,dont give up,best of luck.

Thanks guys.
We had a huge search party last night through my room, and through out the house, but no baby Bredli to be seen, we think that she squeezed out the gap in the window outside :cry:
I miss her so much :cry:
i'll keep you updated = )

I have never lost one but have felt the feeling. My BM never goes in her cool end hide and the other day I lifted her hot end hide expecting to see her but she wasn't there and I got that twisting feeling in my gut. I didnt think she could even fit in her cool end hide lol but thankfully she was there.

Glad you found your snake. It gives you a horrible feeling when snakey goes slithering. I thought mine had gone but it was up under watering dish.

yeah ive had sorta the same accident.

during feeding time.

i opened up the tank doors to prepare for feeding an i walked into the kiction to get the rat an the tongs.

got a phone call from a client an was trying to be polite an shake him off the phone...

go to my tank with the rat to only see the tail of my bredli in the tank he was crawling into a empty beside the tank.

keep looking nikki try making a hot spot for him somewhere near the tank on the ground with a hide there.... he will be attracted by the heat an the hide combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back