Photo of gecko's mating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just snapped this quick shot of two asian house gecko's mating (yes I know they're a pest). This is the first time I've seen any form of lizard species mating in the wild so I though I'd just pop it up.

Asiangecko-matinga.jpg

used to catch theses guys for snake tucker when i was up north but stoped when i found the majority of em had quite visible skin worms (and who knows what else).........noisy little buggers !!

Strophurus ciliaris

So far these guys gave produced a couple of eggs none of which have hatched yet.

herptrader....very nice shot, ive kept those, didnt have any problems with them laying or hatching the eggs, but i kept loosing high percentages of the young after about six months. :cry: never figured it out :?

Moreliaman said:
herptrader....very nice shot, ive kept those, didnt have any problems with them laying or hatching the eggs, but i kept loosing high percentages of the young after about six months. :cry: never figured it out :?

The female has been slowly developing a kinky tail and more recently kinks in her spine.

The first egg laid was desicated and did not last long incubator.

4 weeks later there was a second which went mouldy after about 3 weeks in the incubator.

The third egg was laid about 2 weeks ago and I spotted it very soon after it was laid and it seems to be doing well in incubation - fingers crossed.

I am, however, after another female or two for the breeding setup.

This photo seems appropriate here. This was taken not 20 minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back