Photo's on request

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy

Reaction score
Eeyo peepz,

In my intro post some people wanted to see some pic's of my snakes so i tried to get me some of a couple of my snakes.

i'll try and get them uphere now:[/img]

The photo's are a bit hazy due to the fact i had to use my cell phone to make em :cry:
But still i'm interested in what you guys think of em 8)

Hey Dutchy :)
Nice to see our Aussie Antaresia maculosa (I assume) overseas.

Tell us a bit more about your snakes.
I assume that the one with the purple bowl behind it, is a Columbian Rainbow Boa Epicrates cenchria maurus (?)
Is the Corn Snake a Pantherophis guttatus guttatus ?.
They're nice looking specimens 8)

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers zen :)

P.S - I like your mottos :lol:

Thanks for the compliments Zen,

Panterophis Gutattus was know before as Elaphe Gutatta Gutatta and is from the US. It's a very easy snake to work with and most people in Europe start off with one.
I did so too 6 years ago. The male on the photo is my male creamsicle one. I got 2 missing red females ( crossbred with a jungle127 wich is a crossbreed itself ) 1 cream female
1 cream female that shows missing black ( common albino ) 1 female Okeetee cross with the 127 and a female that shows wild but is a cross with the 127 also.

The Cenchria Maurus is from the rainforest area in Southern US ( to Brazil ) I just got those from a friend of mine to get some experience with ambush hunters like boa's and pythons.

The 2 maccies are indeed 1.1 Antaresia Maculosa i got them last wensdayevening and they are from the 1st of June so that makes em 2 months of age. I'm really proud of those two little critters cuz they are my prized start to Australian Python keeping wich i planned for 1 and a half years ago.

Cheers , Tom

Sorry to hijack your thread but im just wondering what that substrate is that your using??? Looks very cosy!!! (not the paper towel)???

Thanks for the background info Tom.

I loved Holland. 8) Cafe's, great art & chips with mayonnaise. Yumm! :lol:

The substrate of choice here is woodshaves. It provides lot's of absorption and hiding places when used generously.
2 downsides to it. You have to be carefull when feeding ( taking the snake out of the cage whilst feeding is recommended ) and for the snakes that need more humidity make sure you have a large waterdish to bathe and to get cage humidity higher up.

The Maccies are on paper towels for the time being cuz this way i can have a better view on excrement and such. I use the rolls of toiletpaper for hiding place. They will eventually upgrade to a cage with woodchips ( not shavings ) for i like the looks of that , they will get a flowerpot as hiding spot on one end and a bow of shavings on the other .

To Zen : Holland is okay , but i prefer country's that actually have alot of herps :p :D

I love corn snakes. Thanks for sharing. :)

To Zen : Holland is okay , but i prefer country's that actually have alot of herps
You guys respect artists which is a great thing IMO.
The U.S encourages high achievement & applauds intelligence, especially New York, which is also a very, very good thing IMO.
There's alot of morons over here with chips on their shoulders, that suffer from the "tall poppy syndrome" (i.e. they despise creative, intelligent achievement) and go out of their way to kill wildlife, reptiles in particular. :roll:
Your laws are also much more sophisticated & liberal (in the true sense) than down here. Enjoy!
If only we had the best of all the countries & humanity.
Anyway, that's my rant for the night, goodnight :)

Thanks for the replies guys.

Would be cool if people that take/took a look at my picci's show some of their own snakes aswell ( or just tell where they posted theirs on the forum 8) )

I have a soft spot for Cornsnakes, the absolute best beginners snake and available in any colour you like :)

Not legally, no. They are sent to Villawood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back