Pics of an old lace monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

serpenttongue

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As the title to this thread says, here's a few pics of one of my older lace monitors.

Attachments

• P5190914.jpg
    P5190914.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 244
  • P5190917.jpg
    P5190917.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 249
  • P5190919.jpg
    P5190919.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 224
  • P5190920.jpg
    P5190920.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 197
  • P5190921.jpg
    P5190921.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 227
wow, gorgeous lacey,.... that would weigh a bit, lol,..!!

how old is it and how old do they get?

He's 34 years old. I'm not quite sure how old they get, but may reach 40 years??

Not sure of his weight, but he got heavy quick!

Wow I thought the get alot bigger than that don't they? He looks the same size as my spencers.

And how did you get such big veins in your arms!!

Scleropages, yes he does seem short and stocky. I have younger males that are a lot bigger than him.

The veins come from lifting him;).

He was a bit feisty when these pics were taken, for he had been sunning himself. He's reasonably handable. He'll occasionally turn at me with his mouth open.

wow! how long have you had him? has he been captive for 34 years?

what a great specimen 34 years old,i had no doubt the could live that long but its exciting to see an actual account, i have a blue-tongue of similar vintage ive had since i was a kid.
How much does he weigh?

Yes, he has been in captivity for 34 years. He was an ex-display animal. I've only had him for around 1.5 years, but have known him since the mid 1980's.

haha they do get a bit toey when theyre hot!!

Very nice Nick,

This is the one you referred to on another forum, I'm assuming, the one that came to you a bit overweight? Looking very lean (and mean) now; hopefully he has a few more years yet!

He's not that long but is a solid unit Nick.
34's a good innings!
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back