Pics of my set-ups inside shed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W.T.BUY

Just took a few pics of my set-ups if anyone is interested. Sorry about the mess.

#1: Beardie tank up frount (6ft) jacky dragon tank (3 1/2 x2x2ft) in background.
#2: Jacky and netted tank 7x2x2ft in total divider in middle.
#3: woodie tanks at the bottom left. moving bottom right i have gecko tanks. above them is mountain dragon tank (3x2x1ft)
#4: From left i have thick tailed gecko tank (3ft) Then black soil beardie tank (3x2x2Ft) Below i have two 2ft cube gecko tanks.
#5I have two 3ft tanks next two each other. Below that i have another 2ft cube gecko tank.

More pics soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0405.JPG
    IMG_0405.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 194
More pics

#1: fridge incubator. On top is frog tank, Then 6ft tank Nothing in there YET!!
#2: two 3ft tanks. For tommy round head dragons. (currently separated due to female being gravid) Below various hatchy tubs.

Attachments

• IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 129
#1: Woodie tubs.
#2: Mealworm and giant mealworm tubs.
#3: various hatchy tubs.
#4: incubator pics. Only have inland beardie, jackies and mountain in there atm.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 102
you dont use UV?

All my hatchies (tubs) get natural sun light on all sunny days (below 35 degrees) Most of my tanks get natural sunlight in the afternoons. (i open the windows) Now i don't want to start a fight/debate on how dragons need UV ect.... But I know many breeders that do not have any problems with deformities/disease Ant they use NO UV. I myself have grown up jacky dragons with no uv and have had no problems. The calcium poder i coat 4/5 feeds contains Viatamin D3 and calicum.

Your beardy tank loos well presented.
Thanks for posting:)
Ben.

No worries most of my tanks are for practical purposes due to food hiding and animals sulking thus most are very boring..

Last edited by a moderator:
what you don't realise is the incredible amount of effort you need to put in matching and perfecting the dosage of phosphorus:calcium:D3 via artificial supplementation. without proper examinations, x-rays and blood work i wouldn't boast 'no problems' in relation to Calcium density.

nice collection tho.

what you don't realise is the incredible amount of effort you need to put in matching and perfecting the dosage of phosphorus:calcium:D3 via artificial supplementation. without proper examinations, x-rays and blood work i wouldn't boast 'no problems' in relation to Calcium density.

nice collection tho.

Im sure there is nobody on the planet That has PERFECT phosphorus:calcium ratios. All my woodies are feed hi amounts of veggies so im sure that would help.

Do you keep your woodie farms heated? I am looking to start a small one soon.

in winter i do and number increase rappidly. as not as many are being fed off. Woodies are the best thing i have done since getting reptiles they will save you sooo much money.

letting there bodies absorb D3 naturally via lights or the sun, rather then forcing high amounts of D3 is a way of letting them keep there intake perfect.

natural sun daily will help. i wouldn't rely souly on suppliments.

I have a small plastic tub about 30 x 20 x 20 and some egg cartons. Do I put the whole tub on a heat mat. i will be keeping them in the garage as my missus wont let me keep them in the house? Will the heat mat generate too much heat and become a fire hazard? Sorry about all the questions i haven't ever kept a reptile before.

as i said before MOST tanks get natural sun in the arvo and ALL my hatchies get real sun all day (unless cloudy, raining or too hot above 35 degrees. As well as getting 4/5 feeds with calcium feeds with added D3. Most of your UV lights today don't even come close to matching the amount of UV put out by the sun (that is recieved of ground level) (besides megaray) I once tried to use UV tubes on a few of my tanks (all blown now) except 1.) But then i read the box and it says that the thing is useless unless your reptile is within 3ocm or the thing! Thats fine for my aborial species but others In In 2 foot high tanks barely used them. Don't even get me started on the price of the things and that fact that your meant to change them every 6 months.

I have a small plastic tub about 30 x 20 x 20 and some egg cartons. Do I put the whole tub on a heat mat. i will be keeping them in the garage as my missus wont let me keep them in the house? Will the heat mat generate too much heat and become a fire hazard? Sorry about all the questions i haven't ever kept a reptile before.

Hey mate that may be a bit small i would just go to bunnings and buy a 47L tub Or similar. And just use a heat mat that cover 1/3 of the bottom of the tub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back