Pics of Varanus panoptes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

urodacus_au

Reaction score
G'day all

Im chasing some clear full dorsal pics of panoptes for a tat design. Ive photographed them in the wild but never thought to getg dorsal shots.

Cheers
Jordan

you should get a tat of one standing up in either defence or scoping stance IMO.

by a full dorsal pic im guessing you mean a top view? I can give them a wash and get some better pics tommorow.

I have included a standing pic and the best top view pic i have(i dont normally take top view pics).

Attachments

• panoptes2.jpg
    panoptes2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 250
  • panoptes.jpg
    panoptes.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 238
Thanks Cris, thats awesome. This tats on my back, so you pretty much see the animals back with its head turned to the side. If you dont mind given one a wash thatd be cool, ive got to try and explain the spotting to the tattooist, and im not too keen on letting him just go for it and guess. Ive got side on views of animals ive seen in the goldfields here, but most arent too keen on you standing over them ;)

Im planning on getting a panoptes standing on my guts down the track, after i get snakes on my shoulders.

Cheers
Jordan

i will get a close up of the spots for you too, could you post some pics of the ones you have seen in the goldfields over there?

Ive always been in two minds as to whether these are panoptes or gouldii. Had a mate do some research out there and he thinks theyre panoptes but he had also found goulds in the area.

This particular animal was too slack to stand up, but ive seen plenty of them do it in the area.

panoptes2.jpg

Ive got a few more, have to dig them up and resize.
Jordan

Here is one i got today, the pattern has already started to become fairly dull(they lose it as they get old) I think a v.p.rubidus style pattern would look better as a tat.
Here it is anyway.

Attachments

• pic 091.jpg
    pic 091.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 222
Cheers Cris. It'll give them an idea anyway. Better to have too many pics than not enough.

Ill post some more pics up later.
Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back