Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How's THIS for a good memory - I remembered seeing some for sale and it turns out it was 10 years ago! Link - Yahoo! Groups

I am not sure what they are licensed as, but it doesn't particularly matter as lots of species aren't actually what they are listed as on permit.

How's THIS for a good memory - I remembered seeing some for sale and it turns out it was 10 years ago! Link - Yahoo! Groups

I am not sure what they are licensed as, but it doesn't particularly matter as lots of species aren't actually what they are listed as on permit.

awsome! hopefully they become more popular in years to come:)

I knew those animals extremely well lol.

The information I know was that the pair were originally wild caught adults from the Tom Price area, they were declared in the 1996/97 NSW amnesty and then moved into Victoria. They did accidentally breed producing 8 eggs of which only 5 hatched. I don't think this pair bred again. Last I heard the 5 hatchlings were reared in South Australia and are still alive and breeding successfully but as a hit and miss affair. I understand a few were declared in the amnesty as liasis olivaceus.

If you are wanting to see and handle one without getting a good bite.

Go down to Naturaliste Reptile Park down in Bussleton, its is the only place in WA who legally has a Pair in captivity.
The owner, Roger is a great guy and enjoys talking reptiles with you.

so, how exactly do you tell the difference between liasis olivaceus and Liasis olivaceus barroni , is there any visual differences, apart from size or is it just genetic

so, how exactly do you tell the difference between liasis olivaceus and Liasis olivaceus barroni , is there any visual differences, apart from size or is it just genetic

i think they have a slightly different head shape but you'll probly have to know what you're looking for to tell the difference

i think they have a slightly different head shape but you'll probly have to know what you're looking for to tell the difference

ok then, i was just curious because my olive male different from the rest of my olives size wise and hes so much heavier and bulky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back