Pimples

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she's had the same dose before, but only for 1 month, that was before we new what the problem was. it got a bit better after the 1 month dose but came back about a week after they stopped. I've fully cleaned everything with bleech now so hopefully i've killed the bacteria, and she will recover. I don't think oral was brought up. I wasn't there, as my girlfriend is a vet nurse for the vet i go to, so he told her what was going on, at work today.

Ok, Its just that on the info sheet from the manufacturers of Baytril they only recommend injection for the initial dosage and oral after that but no one seems to follow this so I always ask why.

Well, I hope it clears up anyway and I was interested to here the result. BTW did these pimple burst or do the need to be squeezed? "genuine question"

No they don't burst by them selves they have to be sqeezed or cut. will post when they clear up (fingures crossed).
Well i'm off to bed now goodnight all.

Duke, I thoroughly recommend suggesting to your vet to call Bob Donnelly in Toowoomba, QLD. I can give you the phone number if you want it. He won't/doesn't use Baytril at all anymore due to the sting and possible skin reaction it can cause and uses alternative antibiotics without reactions. With a bit of Vet to Vet discussion, your vet may be able to use an alternative medication.

If your snake has to do this for 3 months (I hope the kidneys survive this...) at least look at using an antibiotic that isn't going to cause her pain as well.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back