Pit Bull Viciously Attacks Baby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what anyone says donk... but if the owners treat their dogs like crap then the dog will attack.

Though - as far as pitbulls go - media gave them a bad name from people who treated the dogs poorly, used them for fighting etc.

I do wished the law could change to allow us to put down the owners not the dogs!

Interesting vid - but it doesn't make me consider a pitbull anymore than another breed of dog :)

i am amazed how many people are unaware that one of the most common reasons ANY dog attacks a child is due to aggression from the child. In animal behaviour, if you make eye to eye contact with a dog that hasn't be "broken" and by that I mean taught as a pup its place in the family pack, ie the bottom that eye contact is an imediate dominace challenge. unfortuantely kids are at eye level to most dogs and are not taught to avoid direct eye contact, therefore leading to the dog advancing on that challenge leading to a bite etc....
I have kept a pitbull and would trust him more than any other dog. But I never leave any animal and child alone with each other. EVER

my pit bull is a sook with people but he does have a overwelming urge to kill anything mamalian weather it be a mouse - cow -whatever (reptiles and birds are safe for some reason). need less to say he has had a very restricted life the problems occur when people treat them like a normal dog.

I have a real problem with aggression.. be it from animals or their idiot owners. People breed dogs with aggressive natures with other dogs with the same temperment. You will not get a good pet doing that. I had an argument with a cattle judge once. He didnt like my bull down cos he wasnt "tough" enough! I had worked hard with my cattle so they werent aggressive. They were Jerseys and my argument was I was breeding for good temperment NOT aggression. Who wants to milk a cranky cow? Same with dogs IMO. If you breed for aggression and sell to idiots the breed gets a bad name. Other breeds have gone thru a similar thing. Shepherds, Rotties, Dobies etc .People are the real problem!

I have a real problem with aggression.. be it from animals or their idiot owners. People breed dogs with aggressive natures with other dogs with the same temperment. You will not get a good pet doing that. I had an argument with a cattle judge once. He didnt like my bull down cos he wasnt "tough" enough! I had worked hard with my cattle so they werent aggressive. They were Jerseys and my argument was I was breeding for good temperment NOT aggression. Who wants to milk a cranky cow? Same with dogs IMO. If you breed for aggression and sell to idiots the breed gets a bad name. Other breeds have gone thru a similar thing. Shepherds, Rotties, Dobies etc .People are the real problem!

i aggree. artificial selection for certain traits is a very good way to retain traits expecially in behaviour. although there is also a large influence form external pressures as the animal grows. so yes i aggree fully expecially about people being idiots;)

those vids are a bit of a tear jerker.
i use to work for victorian animal aid and various boarding kennels and have had no real fear of pit bulls and have only had one small issue with 1 which had fear aggression,what upsets me is almost everytime somone came in to pick one up they were some dropkick dero who could barely string a sentence together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Breed Specific Legislation is a draconian law which restricts or prohibits ownership of certain dogs due solely to their breeding or the way the look,

In 1991, after lobbying for 4 years, the RSPCA and other smaller vocal lobbyists managed to have four breeds of dogs declared dangerous and banned from further importation:

* Dogo Argentino
* Fila Brasiliero
* Japanese Tosa
* American Pit Bull Terrier or Pit Bull Terrier
* Presa Canario

The Presa was added In 2005

South Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia have already introduced some form of Breed Specific Legislation.

ETA: “Pit bull dogs are just dogs. Four legs, two eyes, and one heart.”

991332948_667bd0cf2f.jpg
.​

Last edited:
I know i will probably hear a lot of whinging from all of you but personally I think that pitbulls are one breed of dog that should be completely exterminated, I know that its all a big "I own a pitbull" macho type thing for their owners but what you all fail to see is that pitbulls were bred for one reason and one reason only.......To fight.

What type of moron would let a baby/child of any age near any type of dog is beyond me, I find it funny how someone can piss about with a snake and be called an idiot but when somebody puts a baby near dogs which have had numerous human fatalities its all "goo and garrr".

Im not a dog hater by any means and I have owned German shepards and rottie x and even though they never showed signs of aggression I was NEVER allowed to go near them as a child.....oh btw when a pitbull tries to bite a child see what part of the body they bite

I think that pitbulls are one breed of dog that should be completely exterminated
I'm sorry you feel this way, But I will fight for their rights, just as thousands do each and every day,
Don't judge a breed soley on what you read about In the news, there Is more to It that that, :|
and I don't really want to start a debate on it here, I do that in other more suited places.
But that comment Is "offensive"

What the hell.

That is such an ignorant comment Nbates. Do you realise Pitties aren't even the most common dog to bite?

It's always morons who don't understand dogs who spout this crap.

Rotties and GSDs are next, then any dog thats over 20cm.

This crap has to end, but with people spouting ignorant crap about dog behaviour it won't be stopped.

Geez, if you honestly believe that I hope you NEVER own a dog again.

Lots of breeds were bred to fight and they arent banned. To add more fuel to an already blazing fire, I have had more trouble with blue heelers than any other breed ! My son was attacked by a heeler when he was 15 mths old and I was standing right next to him. He did nothing to provoke the dog. The dog was owned by a "macho type" . The dog went for sons face and chest. 10 yrs later the scars have faded but are still visible. Ban heelers? No. Pity the macho idiots cant be banned! There should be a register with the names of people who have owned aggressive dogs. Anyone who repeatedly has dogs which bite should be banned from owning dogs much like the cruelty act does for cruelty. Can that be done ?:evil::x

Then there is also the test used to check if a dog is an APBT.

[video=youtube;jaK2nbi-NTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaK2nbi-NTM[/video]

It's a load of crap. Sorry, anyone who supports it IS an idiot. There is no justification for supporting BSL or the 22 point test. It is illogical.

The owners create the problems so an entire breed gets punished. The APBT is banned, have overall attacks and fatalities gone down? Hell no.

What the hell.

Do you realise Pitties aren't even the most common dog to bite?
Hmmmmm well maybe because they aren't that commonly kept now are they?
If you have 100 people in one room and 5 people in another I think its safe to say that there is a greater chance of the first room containing the most smokers.....There can't be any useable data from a statement like that just like yours.

I know that im not a tough guy cause I don't own a mighty pitty:rolleyes: but I think I would rather go for a dog which won't decide to turn on me and try to rip my throat out.... The sooner they are banned the better, You can sit there and say what you will about the owners turning them into aggressive dogs but Im pretty sure like snakes that some are just born aggressive and will never change.

It must be hard not to be able to accept other peoples opinions, If your allowed to own a pitbull which isnt registered then why can i not drive without a license?

I've had dogs most of my life and the worst one was a blue healer, It started getting snappy when i was first pregnant. So we had it put down. Didn't want to risk me or my kids or anyone eles for that matter getting attacked. It was one of the hardest things i've ever had to do.

Nbates, I agree with one thing you have said. "Some dogs are born aggressive." Responsible owners recognize that and have the dog put down. But it is not a breed thing, it is a people thing. The same "born aggressive dog " in the wrong hands would be bred from. THAT is wrong. People dont always own up to having a pittie. A friend had one and told everyone it was a staffy cross! I had the council here one day asking about my dog.:shock: He is a Dane X Bull Mastiff! Someone had told the council he was a pittie. Doesnt look anything like one IMO. [His pic is posted on tell us about your other pets for anyone interested.] I say again DO NOT BAN THE BREED! BAN THE "MACHO IDIOTS " THAT OWN THEM!!!!!!! :evil:

Last edited:
I know that im not a tough guy cause I don't own a mighty pitty:rolleyes: but I think I would rather go for a dog which won't decide to turn on me and try to rip my throat out.... The sooner they are banned the better, You can sit there and say what you will about the owners turning them into aggressive dogs but Im pretty sure like snakes that some are just born aggressive and will never change.

quote]

Im sure with these types of genralisations, that we could relate violent crime in our society to a particular skin colour and we'll ban the lot of them too. :shock:

As for the snakes, well if you think that some are born aggresive then lets say that people cant keep them aswell. ( there would be a few people on here that would be mighty P!$$3D off if they were only allowed to keep a coastal carpet but not a coastal Taipan).

The sooner narrow minded people are banned the better, please do not condem or discriminate any breed, because extinction is forever.

Punish the deed not the breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back