Pit Makeover

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

The pit in my thread "Building a Pit' became very over grown. The other week we decided to give it a makeover. The Grass Tree was a bit sick, I would say due to the humidity and all the rain that we have had. We actually took a match to it and hopefully will come back. Time will tell.
We still haven't quite finished as we need to get a lot more pebbles to put around the pond as the original pebbles seemed to get taken over by the sand, so I have bought some bigger pebbles.

Attachments

• P1010562.jpg
    P1010562.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 262
  • P1010565.jpg
    P1010565.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 215
  • P1010564.jpg
    P1010564.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 195
Wow fay!, its looking great and soo different
Its going to look awesome all done up again :)

Thanx Bec. We have since moved in some nice logs and rocks as well.

Nice looking pit, was that ur pit that was in reptiles australia magazine? Looks almost the same to me or wat I can remember

There are cunningham skinks, eastern blue tongues, barbata,, eastern long necks turtles, water dragons and a Land Mullett.

No, it was not in Reptiles Australia.

Well lets hope the grass tree comes back.

I love Land Mullet, is it very big?

Yes, very big and VERY shy. You sound like you have eaten it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats a grass tree?

Dw just googled, looks to be the politicly correct term for blackboys?

lol love how names get changed :)

Haha had no idea what you were talking about till you said that. From what I hear they need a good burning every couple of years so this should come back strong

Let's hope so, that it comes back as it was spectacular. We have also cut off the bottom branches of the banksia as well. And you can see a multitude of logs outside that have gone back in.

Fantastic job, that looks great! Your animals must be very happy :)

I am sure it will look great once you have finished refurbishing it Fay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back