Planing to visit America

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

I am planning to have holiday in United States. My idea is to spend 2 months there in recreational vehicle. This would give us chance to see larger part of the country.
Since we planing to go in US winter, our priority would be florida and travel coastally to avoid could wether.
I looked at some places who sels RV and some of them are cheap as $25 000 US. To rent one for 2 month will cost us about $7000.
Do any of our members have experience in that type of travel?
Mabe some of our US members can give me hint.
I am tossing between buy one for 2 months and sell after, or hire RV just for 2 months.
Anybody who have some idea, please feel welcome to put it down.

Wow, Slatey! Sounds great!! Retirement can be fun, eh? :) You should make a point of visiting Las Vegas and dropping in on snakebabe! :wink:

I am going with my misus. I think Snakebabe is to hot for me to resist. I would be heading for trouble.

I have been all over the U.S. in that way. It was great, you see so much that you never would by flying. Winter sucks a$$! Stick to the south. just be careful when you're driving in certain states. I know in Nevada, high way car-jackings are not uncommon. Check out the western and south western states if you can. They are really cool and have some crazy herps. While you're in Florida bring your hook and look for the Eastern Diamond Back-the largest rattlesnake. Quite a site I assure you. Canadians are way cooler though.

Thanks for hints Kev. I hate could weather. Will stay south.
Do you know if they are big taxes to purchase and sell Motocars (RV)

Not sure about the U.S. but there will probably be some sales tax. I'll email a friend of mine in Florida and she'll know. It might take some time for a reply from her, she's a biologist for the University of Florida and is in Chuchill, Manitoba right now studying Polar Bears. Be prepared to get asked what part of England your are from alot. Canadian are alot smarter too. Any Americans in present company excluded ofcourse. :D

Oh ya did I mention that winter SUCKS A$$! It was -27 here 2 weeks ago. God I hate the cold. You wanna know what herps I have in my back yard? None cuz it's too damn cold and full of snow.

LOL Kevyn. Thanks for it. I heard that lot of American's do not know much about outside world.

That sounds fantastic Slatey!
Take us with you? :)

I hope you will take lots of pics for us of yank herps, have a great holiday :D

Why dont you ask the Professor for his thoughts on America, you'll certainly cancel any plans you have of going there.

Parko said:
Why dont you ask the Professor for his thoughts on America, you'll certainly cancel any plans you have of going there.

Beautiful wilderness areas, an astonishing array of amazing animals, I hope to go there myself one day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back