Please help find a missing person

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeannine

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am placing the below information and links relating to a missing person in the hopes that members here will either live in the area themselves or have friends/family who do, the more people who post this on their facebook pages and pass it around the more chance we have to find this young man and bring him home, his disappearance is now being treated as a major crime

He was travelling from Darwin to Ballarat thru South Australia and hasnt been heard from for 10 days, with all the members of this site its possible some could live in the area's where he will be traveling and they might know/see something

he was towing a boat however its been found partially burnt out near Woomera

The site has photos of him, his ute and his dog thats traveling with him

I didnt want to do it without asking permission first

Jason has had no contact with family or friends since monday the 20th of june. He was driving from Darwin to ballarat and was last heard by a text message at Coober Pedy, monday morning. Jason is about 178cm tall, weighs about 60kgs, has brown eyes, short brown hair and has several tattoos on his body, arms and legs. Some tatoos include: The name Monique on his arm, the name Jack on his neck and skulls on his arms. He is driving a navy blue Toyota Hilux, dual Cab 1991, rego ODV 747. He is also towing a boat. If you have any information or heard from Jason please call the local authorities or call Roxby Downs police station on (08) 8671-4200. If you have any friends or family that live around the route could you please forward this page onto them. Jason's family are very worried for his safety as he normally rings family daily so this is very out of character for him

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missin...80964105291994

this is also a link to the newspaper article about him and exactly where his boat was found and a photo of it

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/latest/a...r-missing-man/

and an updated story

Missing man a major crime case - SA Police

lets try to bring this young man home one way or another

I've heard about this. I can't help, unfortunately, but I very much hope someone else can.

that's really sad to here, i posted on my wall for others to see as i have friends all over Australia that have friends, face book is a good way to get the message across. i think if every person who has a face book account should do this........ hope this all comes out good in the end and he is alright.......

thank you elapid, almost 5,000 people have added his page to theirs and sent it on to friends and families

word is getting out there and spreading like wildfire unfortunately i think most of us (his family probably included) are beginning to think there is only going to be one outcome to this especially with no contact after 10 days

even without mobile phone service etc his family say he would have gotten a message to them or made a reverse charge call

one can only keep hoping i guess till an answer is found

Ive been checking in on this page everyday for news..nothing yet.
Not looking good for him.

Here's hoping he makes it home safe and well.

I think its a load of crap them saying he is mentally unstable. How do they even know this?
Hes a pig hunter and carries a gun in his ute, they are not even sure he has one..doesnt make him dangerous.

i agree sel

""The driver of the truck has told police that Mr Richards was acting erratically and he was incoherent,' Supt Moyle said""

all this shows is something might be 'wrong' which could be explained easily enough if he has suffered a head injury or even a small stroke which would also explain why hes just disappeared, perhaps he pulled the truckie over to ask him something then couldnt remember what he was going to ask him and was more confused then incoherent and frustrated not so much erratic, there have also been 3 unconfirmed reports of just his ute having been seen here in Broken Hill

4 friends/family mates have gone looking for him, wonderful people have offered beds, food, showers, tanks of fuel, money for meals etc so lets hope they find something that leads them to him

I agree Sel, seems a bit sus to me that one minute he is a missing family guy and they are concerned foul play is involved and the next they are claiming he is unstable and armed. And since when does the police commissioner get up and announce things related to a routine missing persons report.

last night the police commissioner said to not approach this man as he is mentally unstable and is carrying a weapon.

here's a link
Sky News: Confirmed sighting of missing Vic man

It says
"But he said police had no information to suggest the Victorian man might be using drugs or that he had any history of mental illness."

I've missed the part of an armed mentally unstable man.

i never had a history of mental illness until i nearly killed myself in 2008....you dont need a history to be mentally unstable and like they're going to put 'ohh by the way he has a gun' no one will report him if they put that in hundreds of news articles

I certainly hope this young bloke turns up safe and well. It must be terribly hard for his family not knowing.

Lambert,

are you basing your remarks about a firearm and mental illness on a reliable source? Have the authorities actually made these remarks? Or are you just drawing your own conclusions?

Last edited:
no these remarks about firearms and mental instability were spoken by the police commissoner 2 nights ago on channel 7 news, he specifically said 'do not approach mr. richards as he is armed with a .22 cal auto' i looked on the police news website, but they hadn't put it up. if i had access to media releases its probably there but as im not media i don't have a login.

they are NOW saying he is not considered dangerous but not to approach and just call Crimestoppers.....there have been a few sightings of him in my area and the barossa

Last edited:
Yes it does read a little differently on the SA police website compared to your initial response. That aside, lets hope he shows up!

Apparently his ute was seen in Whyalla today.
I just dont understand that.. if it is him then *** is he doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back