Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if i read it right, are they allowed to keep kangaroos? if so how are u supposed to maintain them?

Well you keep them in your backyard and for exercise just ride them to work..

Sorry couldn't resist, you are allowed emu's here so Im guessing its just space and fencing.

Well you keep them in your backyard and for exercise just ride them to work..

Sorry couldn't resist, you are allowed emu's here so Im guessing its just space and fencing.

haha imagine the looks u'll get from the public. u'd have to have pretty high fencing to keep em in otherwise they'll just jump over it. wish u could keep em in nsw, id so have one lol

No joke, when I applied for my first basic licence (Darwin carpet) I received a licence for an emu.
- was tempting!! Pity I was renting!!!
Prety major balls up hey!!

You CAN get an emu on a basic license in Victoria. Its not a balls up lol

I presume he means a commercial emu farming license not a basic license

No, in Vic you can have an Emu on a basic license. And, as stated on a Vic license, you can keep up to ten of any singular species before having to switch to a commercial license.

I've brought it up many a time, but the missus still won't let me get an Emu dammit!!!!

No, in Vic you can have an Emu on a basic license. And, as stated on a Vic license, you can keep up to ten of any singular species before having to switch to a commercial license.

I've brought it up many a time, but the missus still won't let me get an Emu dammit!!!!

You are right about being able to keep an emu but the majority of people will not be able to meet the minimum space requirments to be able to keep them!
On you other statment on the maximum number of any one species is completely incorrect!

We alone have one species that runs into 3 figures and have been for quite a few years, DSE have been
through and done stock inspections and counts and this has never been raised! We have only held various
Vic fauna licences for about 30+years (including commercial and game bird farm) and it has never been an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back