Pond for turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with the pump and liner it did cost about that

No that 450 - 300 is the depth. I forgot to put the 0 in the above dimentions

Yeah sorry about the delay, will take some tonight when I get home from work and put them on here

I have always kept fish in with my turtles

They only seem to go for the feeders, not the goldfish, also he is too laze to chase them.
I am sure if he is that hungry and there is nothing else to eat then he may pick one off but appart from that they have been good.

When we first put in a pond gold fish in their tank inside he grabed the tail of it, the fish turned around and opened it's mouth and the turtle crapped itself. it was quite funny

Photo of the pond and it's main resident

Attachments

• IMG_0260 25.JPG
    IMG_0260 25.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0265 25.JPG
    IMG_0265 25.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 87
Are you can see just behind the turtle is a little orange gold fish

Is there somewhere for the turtles to get out of the water...?

Yeah there is an upside down pot the other side of the fountain that I am going to attach a peice of slate too to make the surface bigger, At the moment it is big enough for him

I have always kept fish in with my turtles

They only seem to go for the feeders, not the goldfish, also he is too laze to chase them.
I am sure if he is that hungry and there is nothing else to eat then he may pick one off but appart from that they have been good.

When we first put in a pond gold fish in their tank inside he grabed the tail of it, the fish turned around and opened it's mouth and the turtle crapped itself. it was quite funny

fair enough

Thanks for the comments

I have added my small water fall at one end and a few more plants so it is looking even better now.
Also had to put a shade cloth up to try and slow down the evaporation. We are in a draught here so I can't
just chuck the hose in to fill it up.
O.k now down to business - what would be the best thing to build a platform out of so the turts can get out of the water. At the moment I have got a pot turned upside down for them but was after something better and slightly bigger then that. Also whated to have a slop that sits in the water so if the water level drops they can still get out

Thanks

You ppl with outside ponds dont have any probs with large birds attacking ya turts/fish???

No I don't have any trouble with birds. The splash of the filter distorts anyview through the water under it so they hide under there, the other times they are just laying about on the bottom. kinda look like a dinner plate has been put in there

I have heard of people having ponds setup in their shed so that would be classed as an inside pond. A pond isn't always a hole in the gound

O.k now down to business - what would be the best thing to build a platform out of so the turts can get out of the water. At the moment I have got a pot turned upside down for them but was after something better and slightly bigger then that. Also whated to have a slop that sits in the water so if the water level drops they can still get out

Thanks

A large log/fallen tree etc or a large rock would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back