poor chubby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
I think one of my big girls (bearded dragon) has a respitory infection, she had snot all over her face when i put her to bed last night and it was there again this morning.

Shes already booked in to the vet @ 4.30 this afternoon, just wondering if anyone has any opinions as to how bad she might be, she ate well on the weekend, isnt looking overly miserable, and the snot hasnt come back since shes been awake.

is there anything it could be other than and RI?

i'm taking her to the vet regardless, just wondering how worried i need to be. Shes snug as a bug on a heaty bag on my desk @ the moment.

this might sound silly, but should i feed her before we go the the vet or is she better off with an empty stomach incase she needs meds?

Thanks!

Sorry I can not help with information. I can only send you my best wishes that everything will be OK.:)

thanks sydneytradingco, shes my favourite. :)

shes snotty again,...i hope shes not too bad. :(

keep her warmer then normal you may want to add some night heat as well............. RI's are normally product of a cold damp enviroment that the said animal is not built for

thanks everyone. :)

She already has night heat, she sleeps on a heaty bag in a bean bag covered with towels which stays warm all night, but wont stay under her basking lights for more that 20 mins during the day, even if i close the tank she just goes and digs in the sand up the cold end.

i dont spray them in the tank so its not damp.

i'll update everyone tommorrow. :)

Bump up temps in its enclosure....even the cool end. Leave it in the enclosure as it doesnt need any extra stress on it. Give it water through an eyedropper to stop dehydration.

shes already @ work with me FredBear, we have a 4.30 appointment with David Vella.
shes not stressed, just snoozin away happily in a pile of heaty bags and towels. :)

Not sure what to do about heating the cool end, i'll have to get a heat cord or something.

Hope Chubby is on the mend soon, she sounds like a real character. :)

thanks Venus, she is such a character, every afternoon when i get home she comes running over to the lounge and waits till i put her on it, snuggles in to the cushions and doesnt move till bed time. :)

How is Chubby, how did you go last night at the vet? Hope it all went well. Please let us know.

Hi Guys, sorry about the delay, work decided to take my internet access away cos i'm here too much! :)

umm,..well, i took her to the vet and was totally wrong about the RI, she seemed to be having trouble swallowing, she had a whole bunch of food i'd fed her on the weekend stuck in her throat and it was making her drool,..or she was throwing up, he couldnt work out which,..

so he sedated her, cleared her throat, noticed a whole lot of fluid bubbling out and turned her upside down and poured about 10mls of fluid out of her tummy. then he took a couple of xrays to look for blockages, but couldnt find anything. :(

If i hadnt taken her in she would likely have breathed in the fluid and had major respritory issues from that,...otherwise she would have just choked to death. :( (thank god i took her in)

Shes on antibiotics (1 shot every 3 days for a month) (fortum for anyone whose interested) incase she did get any fluid into her lungs and is coming to work with me so i can make sure she stays warm. She seems ok, but keeps wanting a drink. :(

i cant feed her or offer water till he says i can, to see if shes gonna throw up bile or if its just what she injests.

So i'm really worried about her non-diagnosis, has anyone had similar issues and what was the outcome? id die if i lost my Chubba. :(

Thanks, Chris.

i dont think taking her to and from work everyday will help.

well, its the only way to keep her warm, i told David i'd be doing that and he thought it was a good idea.

Does she get calcium regularly?

I had a hatchy with a calcium problem, similar sort of symptoms... bubbly snotty throat, dribbling, etc.

Got him on the Sandoz Liquid Calcium and he's all good now.

how is she going chris??At least i now know when i get a beardie not 2 give her or him chunks of food.

he said it wasnt husbandry related, i told him she doesnt get suppliments, (she has access to calcium but isnt interested) but gets loads of sunlight and he said that was fine.

i cant give her anything orally @ the moment anyway. :(

Red eye girl, it was 2 giant south amerian mealworms stuck in her throat, nothing she shouldnt be able to handle.

SHe is overweight and has lost 120g over the past year, does anyone have experience with fatty liver disease symptoms etc,..? thats something thats really worrying me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back