poor chubby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope she pulls through okay, I cant comment because Im a new Beardy owner, so dont know enough, lol.

The vet said that it was fine to bring her in (to work)

the vet may say it's okay but unless he runs the DSE (or your state equivilent) i would say you're breeching the terms of your license. That's not telling you not to pamper your baby that's just stating a fact.

Chris1 i hope she fully recovers from her tummy ache and i'd definitely be keeping her warm just incase of the fluid issue..It's strange because recently one of my girls started to "cough" and make strange noises mouth gape ect.. and she is also a little on the fat side! hmm...I bumped up the heat and (she also isn't a big basker) just continue to move her if i see her buried up the cold end Also not giving her as much protein and more pellets+veg!...Aslan yes beardies are smart and know how to regulate however, when they aren't feeling the best they tend to just bury themselves up the cold end and go into brumation sometimes this isn't the best thing to just leave as it is...

Thanks Itbites! :)

with the way shes acting now i probably wasted $340 on some peace of mind, still gonna follow the vets instructions though, keep her on the antis and warm....and call him everyday till he says i can feed her again. :)

the vet may say it's okay but unless he runs the DSE (or your state equivilent) i would say you're breeching the terms of your license. That's not telling you not to pamper your baby that's just stating a fact.

thats true, its illegal to take the reptile off your licenced premises without propper permission.

thats true, its illegal to take the reptile off your licenced premises without propper permission.

i am aware of that, but its in the best interest of her health and i cant afford to take a month off work.

It's cool yeh you may have spent alot of money.. but it shows your a responsible owner ;) who's willing to spend any amount to make sure your animals are healthy...alot of other people either wouldn't notice their animal is sick or just wouldn't want to pay because it's a beardy! Any animal that ends up in your care is one lucky bugger if you ask me :p

Also i'm sure there would be an exception to those laws when it comes to an animals welfare or else it would be illegal to take your critters to vets as well????

Also i'm sure there would be an exception to those laws when it comes to an animals welfare or else it would be illegal to take your critters to vets as well????

It's illegal to remove the animal from your property UNLESS it is either being sold (and transported to the purchaser) OR you are taking it to or from a veterinarian appointment.

hehe, did seem a bit weird spending that much on a $50 lizard,...!! :)

Thanks for the compliment, i do my best for them even if they do have to put up with being cuddled and anthrowhatevered!! :)

Yes this is true however those laws were put in place mainly to stop people taking them to places for demonstrations ect without the appropriate licencing.. Like i said if you were concerned for your animals welfare you wouldn't just want to leave it at home un-monitored all day..It's not like she's taking her out to parade around the streets ;) LOL...

Taking them to the VET isn't an issue.
Taking them to a commercial premises in NSW is another thing.

The best interests of a sick animal shouldn't involve daily trips to the work place
with sorry excuses for heating.. JMO.

The license states the animals are allowed off the nominated premises without the DG's consent if it is for vet treatment etc etc or for a period not exceeding 72hours etc etc. to attend meetings, a training course etc etc. It doesn't actually say you can take them to work... But if anyone asks you just tell them you are going to the vets afterwards and will be home within 72 hours!

thanks to everyone whos asking about Chub,...shes doing really well,..sitting up happily and alert on her heaty bag. :)

i gave her her injection last night,..first time i've ever had to do that and she flinched, which made me cry. She handled it better than i did. :)

Called David again this morning,..she might be allowed to eat tommorrow, but hes happy with how shes doing. :)

thanks i'm feeling less worried about her today,..she finished passing saturdays roaches this morning so theres definately no blockage,...wont feel totally comfortable till i can see how she goes with food,...but its all looking great now. :) I think she mustve had a problem with the superworms,...if i do give her some of them in future (which is doubtful) i'll chuck her straight onto a heaty bag.

i couldnt handle losing my chubby girl. :)

Hey Chris...great news.....
when its meal worm day at my house... i divide there meal in 2...midday meal & late arvo meal...& add greens!
a low plastic container..that the dreaded worms wont escape out of & add the greens
its funny to watch them look for the m/worms...miss & get greens instead!..lol
they cant eat too much...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back