"Popping" for the sex of a snake.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned_fisch

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I tryed "popping" my Childreni today and no hemipenis, when I brought it, they said it was a male, but now im a bit confused. He is 18months old, is this to early to be "popped"?

Not too early, about 18 months too late. This technique is usually applied within 24 hours of the snake hatching. Probing is the way to go.

Not too early, about 18 months too late. This technique is usually applied within 24 hours of the snake hatching. Probing is the way to go.

Oh ok. I was reading a breeding care sheet today for Carpets and it read, the best thing is to wash them off straight after they hatch and "pop" them.
Thanks for your advice.

What is popping them and what is probing them? Can you describe both (Sorry, newb) :oops:

What is popping them and what is probing them? Can you describe both (Sorry, newb) :oops:

Popping is squezing just before the vent, and probing(i think) is a metal pole about 10 cm long that you apply in its vent and the further it goes means a male and the shorter is a female.

why ask a question then 6min later state that you know the answer after someone posts the reason? :?
trying to catch up to the post record hey :p

No offence TS6, but have you actually ever been shown and critiqued? If not, maybe you should, you could damage your animal if you stuff it up, and best case scenario = no breeding, worst case = painful death.

Just checking.

i hope your not going to try and probe yourself after trying popping, its better left to the experts

No offence TS6, but have you actually ever been shown and critiqued? If not, maybe you should, you could damage your animal if you stuff it up, and best case scenario = no breeding, worst case = painful death.

Just checking.

I know how to pop them, I found a thing on you tube.

Yes, you can cause damage, you wouldnt like it if someone squeezed your groin now would you!

Mate you dont know how to pop them! You will end up damaging your snake,
It is something that should ONLY be done by very experienced keepers.
You may think it looks easy but you are completely wrong!

Well, I tryed once and I didn't try again. I'll see if some can probe him in a few months, if its not to late......

Ah, if it was on YouTube you must be an expert then.

Mate, you really need to start thinking what you are writing. I plainly asked, "Has someone ever shown you and then critiqued you on popping?" I therefore rest my case.

Injure your snake if you want mate, what with all your YouTube training.

Oh ok. I was reading a breeding care sheet today for Carpets and it read, the best thing is to wash them off straight after they hatch and "pop" them.

sounds like you allready knew the best age, so
1# why try it when its 18month old
2# why post a question that you know the answer to and dont realy need advise at all

Well, I tryed once and I didn't try again. I'll see if some can probe him in a few months, if its not to late......

You don't get it mate. You are 13, you have no experience. Get someone else to do it for you whilst you watch. Maybe they can thenn assist you doing it and show you the proper technique instead of you injuring or killing your snake.

I am just waiting for you to post "HELP PLEASE, MY SNAKE IS BLEEDING!!"

sounds like you allready knew the best age, so
1# why try it when its 18month old
2# why post a question that you know the answer to and dont realy need advise at all

It read that when they hatched it was the best time, I thought you could still find out when they were older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back