"Popping" for the sex of a snake.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you have all jumped the gun and he read the care sheet after he posted this question. Try not to be so hard! He is 13 and i would imagine a better approach to this could have been.

"Its best not to try popping your snake unless you have an experianced person observing you. It can be potenially dangerous to your snake and if done incorrectly deadly.'

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the cut off age for popping a snake is? I purchased two spotteds at the castle hill frog and reptile show and the breeder popped them for me when they were a few weeks old (Maybe months)

Sam

Perhaps you have all jumped the gun and he read the care sheet after he posted this question. Try not to be so hard! He is 13 and i would imagine a better approach to this could have been.

"Its best not to try popping your snake unless you have an experianced person observing you. It can be potenially dangerous to your snake and if done incorrectly deadly.'

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the cut off age for popping a snake is? I purchased two spotteds at the castle hill frog and reptile show and the breeder popped them for me when they were a few weeks old (Maybe months)

Sam

Someone's nice around here. And yes I believe I did get to excited.

Perhaps you have all jumped the gun and he read the care sheet after he posted this question.

Maybe that is the case but I think it is trouser who has jumped the gun by attempting to "pop"before reading the care sheet or posting the question.

Thanks for the explanation.

Probing ... and I'm worried about causing distress by handling???

Sam

It can be done at a few weeks old, best not to leave it too late though or it'll be incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back