Port Mac off food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RCW74

Reaction score
Hi all

After some advice about my Port Mac

I have a small collection of snakes recently moved (6 weeks) from Brisbane to Gosford. My Bredli, MD, Coastal and BHP have all adjusted well and are eating weekly (all between 6-18 months of age).

My Port Mac (just over 15 months age) however has refused his last 4 feeds (small rats). He did eat the first 2 offerings at his new location. He looks healthy, moves plenty, drinks and is very inquisitive and good to handle. It's been about 9 weeks since his last shed, a little longer than usual. I have also recently upgraded his tub size. His tub is over heat at one end, the same as all the others.

Should I be worried about his lack of interest in food? Will this be detrimental to him/her in the longer term? Or could the cooler conditions simply have triggered a reduced interest in food? He pretty strongly resembles his Diamond dad - would the diamond traits be stronger therefore and account for any of this?

Just a little concerned given the others have all adjusted so readily

Any advice appreciated!!!

Cheers

winter = less interest in food. Especially in the southern species. If he's in good health I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just wait for the weather to warm and offer another meal.

gosford is a cold place,dont be worried hes gone of his food he will be fine.He will have heaps of body weight to carry him over,it wouldnt do him any harm to cool him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back