Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cichlidboy101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
my friend and i went yabbying in port macquarie and as we were leaving we heard what we straight away knew was the sound of a lace monitor walking through the bush, my friend and i ran ahead and my friend ended up grabbing a lace monitor as it climbed up a tree and here are some pics

Attachments

• gfk.jpg
    gfk.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 212
  • hfghsgj.jpg
    hfghsgj.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 206
Nice find, but why catch it?

The best coloured lacie I've ever seen was walking along the side of the shoulder of the Pacific Hwy just as I was heading South out of Port Macquarie, really bright striping, very yellow.

Good lookin lacie, but why would you stress it out by catching it you could have just taken a few pictures of it up a tree?

Why catch it mate?
You would of stressed it out heaps, a couple of pic of it up the tree would of been better. Nice finds too.
Thanks Tim.

i dont know why my friend decided to catch it, i didnt even hold it lol it was my first lacey encounter so i wasnt to keen on goin near it too much as you can just see me to the left in the first pic lol

Jesus give the kid a break!

He caught a lacie and released it. He didn't kill it or skin it. I think you will also see that he is indeed supporting the lacie properly!

Don't listen to these goody-2-shoes bud, you will learn more about reptiles by doing what you are than most of these arm chair experts who only encounter reptiles in books.
Don't touch venomous or reptiles you can't I.D ;)

Good find

He caught a lacie and released it. He didn't kill it or skin it. I think you will also see that he is indeed supporting the lacie properly!

Don't listen to these goody-2-shoes bud, you will learn more about reptiles by doing what you are than most of these arm chair experts who only encounter reptiles in books.

Good find
True atleast he released and also your friend was holding it the right way, but i still think your friend could of observed it up the tree instead of grabbing it but i guess you have no control over what your friend does, just my opinion. Im not sure about Reptilefan95 but me and Tonksy get out often and photography reptile just look at previous threads on this forum.
Thanks Tim.

i didnt even hold it lol it was my first lacey encounter
but you straight away knew what it sounded like one lol

Good find

Would of been good if they had lost some digits or had a tenon severed, which lacies are very capable of doing

Would of been good if they had lost some digits or had a tenon severed, which lacies are very capable of doing

:rolleyes::rolleyes: nobody asked you to touch it cotton-wool boy

wow your hardcore elapid, nice signature gangsta! lol, toy

Did I upset you sweetheart?

Just because you would rather do your herping on a forum rather than the real world doesn't make you right. Just a scared little cupcake:cry:

thanks elapid, to be honest both my friend and eye both love reptiles and often go into the local bush mainly for a swim but always on the look out for reptiles, we have both caught water dragons, jacky dragons, skinks (mainly blue tongues) frogs and my friend who is way more experienced have caught a couple of red bellies but all were held correctly and never halmed and it was always quick to limit stress and to be honest ill continue catching them so i can enjoy them, yes you can enjoy them by looking at them etc but holding is a much better experience and they are never halmed so why not i say and by doing this ive recued a couple of blue tongues for example after that year of the boxing day bush fires there was a fire where my friend and i go and we went after the fire and found 2 blue tongues and from a distance they looked good but when i caught them we found burns and took em to a local vet where they were taken into care and release a few months later, ill try find pics, and also almost everyone tha own reptiles handle them and theres not much difference, people would say but they are captive bred so wont stress, well to me i believe they do stress other wise why do people get biten???

thanks, just my opinion :)

Get experience for what ? Im not going to get into a slaning match with you 15 year olds, nor am i going to read this thread again after this.

You want experience go and buy the animals or hold a friends. Dont grab a animal that is running up a tree for obvious reasons. If you dont think chasing and grabbing animals that ARE RUNNING AWAY doesnt stress them out then you certainly dont have the mental capacity or respect to own any animal in the first place.

From what you are saying aswell everyone should go out and handle elapids without the first idea of how to even aproach the animal, because you know, how are you supose to get experience. Especially experience to grab an escaping or leathal animal to show off to your mates, take photos of and post them all over the internet to show others how hardcore you are.....

Elapid, lol. You obviously dont have anything inteligent to say, just put downs. Shows how smart and informed you are.

Im back off to work anyway, mayb yall should read the last few pages of this thread
tag.png
reptile prices (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page and get a job yourselfs, instead of trying to pick fights and show everyone how cool and experienced you are....

Have a nice day :D

Last edited:

oh sorry but ive heard lacies before, didnt see them, my friend has seen and caught them many times before SO KNOWS HOW TO HANDLE THEM PROPERLY TO AVIOD INJURY, and when down local bush he knows exactly what they sound like and ive heard it but never ended up finding them as they usually shot up a tree so could not hear them to find them;)

oh and brown_hair, didnt post these pics to "show how hardcore i am", just thought i share with everyone a lucky find

thanks elapid, to be honest both my friend and eye both love reptiles and often go into the local bush mainly for a swim but always on the look out for reptiles, we have both caught water dragons, jacky dragons, skinks (mainly blue tongues) frogs and my friend who is way more experienced have caught a couple of red bellies but all were held correctly and never halmed and it was always quick to limit stress and to be honest ill continue catching them so i can enjoy them, yes you can enjoy them by looking at them etc but holding is a much better experience and they are never halmed so why not i say and by doing this ive recued a couple of blue tongues for example after that year of the boxing day bush fires there was a fire where my friend and i go and we went after the fire and found 2 blue tongues and from a distance they looked good but when i caught them we found burns and took em to a local vet where they were taken into care and release a few months later, ill try find pics, and also almost everyone tha own reptiles handle them and theres not much difference, people would say but they are captive bred so wont stress, well to me i believe they do stress other wise why do people get biten???

thanks, just my opinion :)

Some people just don't understand the passion some have for the hobby.
For others it's just a way to brag to their friends about how they own snakes.

As I said you should really stay away from vens and stuff you can't I.D though.

thanks again elapid, and dont worry im not confident in venomous reptiles yet, the closest encounter for me is when a red belly slitherd past my shoe while walking near a river about to jump in, heart stopping moment and thats enough for me at the moment hahahaha

thanks again elapid, and dont worry im not confident in venomous reptiles yet, the closest encounter for me is when a red belly slitherd past my shoe while walking near a river about to jump in, heart stopping moment and thats enough for me at the moment hahahaha

Make sure you are up to date on how to treat a venomous bite and carry the requires bandages, Always carry a mobile and try not to go alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back