Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice find mate. I would catch it dont listen to the people who just sit on here and critacise. How big was he?

Get experience for what ? Im not going to get into a slaning match with you 15 year olds, nor am i going to read this thread again after this.

You want experience go and buy the animals or hold a friends. Dont grab a animal that is running up a tree for obvious reasons. If you dont think chasing and grabbing animals that ARE RUNNING AWAY doesnt stress them out then you certainly dont have the mental capacity or respect to own any animal in the first place.

From what you are saying aswell everyone should go out and handle elapids without the first idea of how to even aproach the animal, because you know, how are you supose to get experience. Especially experience to grab an escaping or leathal animal to show off to your mates, take photos of and post them all over the internet to show others how hardcore you are.....

Elapid, lol. You obviously dont have anything inteligent to say, just put downs. Shows how smart and informed you are.

Im back off to work anyway, mayb yall should read the last few pages of this thread
tag.png
reptile prices (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page and get a job yourselfs, instead of trying to pick fights and show everyone how cool and experienced you are....

Have a nice day :D

buddy im a enviro scientist its what i do. if grabbing the odd lizard gets the kids excited a educates them a bit then so be it. just as long as they know the consequences if **** goes south and do try it out of there comfort zone. so quit ya winging and have a go ya self one day.

I allways carry a calico bag with me and a stick for rbb's and browns. Just dont touch i leave it up for my family to handle them to move them away from the horses. (for those people he keeps them so he knows what he is doing).

Nice find mate. I would catch it dont listen to the people who just sit on here and critacise. How big was he?

thanks, i think it was around 120cm, not 100% sure as im going off memory and im not got at judging measurements lol

and i did learn things because of watching my friend catch it, never been near a wild lace monitor so i was worried a little and i remember going to shows etc and hearing about stories about what they have done to people so i was careful, but after watching my friend do it and he showed me a few things and gave me tips that im confident to hold one in the near future:D

Kewl mate. I tell people to practice on Water Dragons (like holding behind the legs and behind the jaws) and that. Next time you catch a rbb post them up.

no worries, here are some pics of the local bush myself and my friend go to and some pics of our finds too:

Attachments

• P9050337.jpg
    P9050337.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 59
  • P9050345.jpg
    P9050345.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 58
  • P9050341.jpg
    P9050341.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 64
  • jacky%20dragon%20001.jpg
    jacky%20dragon%20001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 59
  • P9050335.jpg
    P9050335.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 61
not that i know of but about 20mins away south theres a dam where diamonds are found, havent been out there for years though

Awesome photos, and what a great lacie. Well done to you and your mate.
I wouldnt of picked it up for the simple fact i would be too scared it would claw me to death!!LOL
I was pulled up recently for picking up a blotched blue tongue. Personally, i can see the attraction in wanting to pick up such an amazing creature like a lacie, or a blue tongue, or for the real hardcore, a tiger snake!!!
Its a thrill, and a fantastic experience. Most of the time im happy with just a photo, but if im presented with a good opportunity i will pick up a reptile and give it a pat. If i ever encounter a wild carpet python, i will probably want to pose with a photo. (couldnt be any more agro than my wifes bredli anyway!!)
Yeah, sure it might scare it and stress it a bit, but they scare us when we almost stand on them out fishing too!!LOL
I reckon the people to go after are the "only good snake is a dead snake" type people, not the ones that hug 'em and release 'em.

I didnt see the above photos. They are great too. What sort of crustacian is that? Is that what they call a redclaw, or is that something else?

i thinks its just a red crayfish, it was the first time i seen one so i took it home and put it im my native fish tank lol

waaaa waaaaa waaaaa..waaaaaaa.. u big nerdy baby's who cares,he caught and released a lacey....now i member why i stopped comming on this site!!!..who gives a sh!!t anyway!! think about yah education!!!..ahahahahaha..that is rather a very ugly freind of yours btw...tell him to go to the barbewr shop,and tell him he's sick of looking like a A-hole..cut off that rats nest!!

I didn't read the thread, but you should grab monitors.
They eat lots of dead animals, that has been decomposing. Therefore there saliva has bacteria in it, that can make any bites from it, difficult to heal

Nahhhhh webcol, what planet are you on?
As if you dont grab a wild animal when your mates are around, and espcially if one of the has a camera to take a photo to show off to others on aps. And hey cause the animal may frighten you then its ok to do the same to it! How else you gana learn to handle wild animals aswell?
Geez, get with the program wbecol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back