Positive adjectives/names for snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n3xia

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm working on a uni assignment where I have to design a set of postage stamps and I have chosen Australian snakes as the subject. I'm trying to think of a name for the series that is positive. I'm sure we've all heard the negative ones: sneaky, slimy, creepy, stealthy, etc but I wanted to use a name that portrayed them in a different light. So far I've got Slithering Serpents and Scaly Australians (although I realise this one is not specific to snakes). Even the word 'slither' sounds a bit negative to me so I welcome any suggestions :)

Does it have to be just two words? I think sunbaked serpents sounds better than slithering ones lol

If it didn't have to be all serious for uni you could call the series "outback rat traps" :)

Last edited:
majestic, sleek, stunning, superb, glorious, graceful...

I called my MD carpet python "Slinky" I thought that suited him, might not fit your purpose though. Goodluck with your assignment. at least it will interesting, maybe even fun (for an assignment lol).

Thanks guys! I've actually already done the paintings and a draft of the stamps - check it out. Obviously the boring 'Australian Snakes' will change once my lecturer approves one of my suggested names. Love the rat trap idea haha. It doesn't have to be two words, I was just trying to be conservative because there isn't much space on a postage stamp.

Attachments

• Snake-stamp-thumbnails.jpg
    Snake-stamp-thumbnails.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Morelia-stamp.jpg
    Morelia-stamp.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 62
  • viridis-stamp.jpg
    viridis-stamp.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 69
  • red-belly-stamp.jpg
    red-belly-stamp.jpg