Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... Big Nt jobs are usually called bloody gorgeous...or words similar.......Kingies, dopey buggars and mulgas when talking to other herps....the general public " Mulga or King Brown Snake"

Last edited:
Just tell them NO, you saw a black snake.

People see black snakes here all the time in CQ.

I often find myself explaining to people the diference between a King Brown (Mulga) and the Eastern Brown Snake.
Living in Western Sydney I have had a few people tell me that they have seen King Browns in their back yards or other various places and I always find myself telling them, no, you saw an Eastern Brown! Then I have to go through the rigmaroll of explaining that The King Brown is Pseudechis while the Eastern Brown is Pseudonaja and so the King Brown is actually just a Brown coloured Black snake and you will never find a Wild King Brown in Sydney unless some poor herpetologist has had his Mulga escape which would be most unfortunate.

Yellow bellied black snakes are well recognised in my area....

the locals all know how the green tree snakes "crosses" with the browns

can't even bother to try explain - "not possible"

I found a 'king brown' in my toilet after I sat on it for a while this morning!
While we're at it, 'pseudonaja' pretty much means fake cobra. Maybe it's me staring at a half empty cup but even if I translated it to 'like a cobra' it's still pretty darn lame.

Yellow bellied black snakes are well recognised in my area....

the locals all know how the green tree snakes "crosses" with the browns

can't even bother to try explain - "not possible"

Bwahaha! I ended up in a somewhat heated debate over "yellow-bellied blacks". Apparently they truly do exist! :p

Has anyone noticed that the picture for January in the APS calendar is actually labelled "King Brown"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back