Potential Snake Relocation??? Brisbane, Holland Park West

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
As this is well and truly out of my jurisdiction and I’m not entirely sure what would be involved in rescuing this snake – eg extension ladder?? But judging that it’s close to main roads etc, I’d say there is some concern the thing will eventually get hit by a car. So anyone who feels up for a bit of a wrestle may want to take a peek over this way ;)

My brother wrote: South of the Holland Park Busway, if they check the tree tops next to the busway along Bapaume Rd, starting at the corner of Bapaume Rd and Pozieres Rd and then up to Queensthorpe St. They will certainly have no difficulty in spotting this massive python - approx 4m plus in size & quite thick in the body. It was curled up in the top of a tree visible from the busway when I going inbound to the city, approx 20-25 metres on the southern side of the Holland Park West busway.

He even gave me a web link. I’d love some pics if anyone feels up to relocating this guy.

Sterculia Avenue, Holland Park West, Queensland - Google Maps

Cheers,
Luke

Get in touch with either Jonno or Tony Harrison they may be able to either know someone that can remove or do it themselves ...its a hard one due to the fact that our rules are only to intervene if its causing a potential human risk ...not if humans are gonna cause it a potential risk...its not my area either but it is my state ;)

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Sad isn't it. I'm not a big stickler for rules, but a big stickler for getting an animal out of a potential hot spot. For all I know he could have climbed up into one of those massive gums and will be happy there for months :lol: Last time I was in Brisbane I came across a beautiful young carpet that had been clipped by a car in Carindale (near the shopping centre there), it was such a shame. Beautiful patterns, colour....such a waste.

You're better to call the EPA and tell them and they will decide if it needs relocating. I also have a DMP and you can't just go and move a snake from somewhere unless someone calls and asks for it to be moved because it could be a hazard. If it's up the top of a tree then it probably living up there eating birds and bats etc. It may decide to move on itself though.

The EPA can assess the situation or if the local council asks it to be removed would be the way.

I'm not there, I'm two states away. I was hoping someone in the area can take a look and access the situation. It just looks like it's in the middle of a bunch of roads. Amazing it got there in the first place in one piece ;)

It is sad MOOSEY see so many killed on the roads and I swear some look like they were aimed at bastards that do it ...anyway like i said pm jonno ask him what he thinks or get ya Bro to ring the council and see if they want it gone ...its a dog eat dog world out there ...if it was cute and fluffy well we all know what would happen with bells on ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back