prey turns to preditor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

Reaction score
Just cleaning the cricket cages out this morning and found 2 Asian house geckos (Hemidactylus frenatus) eaten to the bone, I find them in there all the time but never eaten...has anyone found this before 8)

No ,but I have heard stories of crickets eating bird eating spiders....Make sure you keep the feed up to the crickets....and next time you order crickets order Large Mediums in that way you get more value for your money.

Greetings insectovor......
ps I think the pair of spinipes is turning out to be two males......but I'm not entirely sure

insectovor said:
Greetings insectovor......
ps I think the pair of spinipes is turning out to be two males......but I'm not entirely sure

thats ok mate I will sort you a girl when we know for sure, what do you feed your crickets?

Saw some nasty pics on some site. Oh crickets sorry!
No they were of animals that had been eaten by their own lunch. Some very nasty wounds from being eaten by crickets. It is a common occurrence from what I can gather in other countries where I corespond with other herp carers.
Thats why you alawys leave food in theenclosure for the crickets.

Yep I've heard of it too. Crickets will sometimes chew on the eyelids of beardies. If the skin is soft and the animal is small, it can be trouble. Must have been gross to find though, sorry to hear it.

Gross aint the word.eaten alive......#@$$#! ...crickets revenge!

That's why if you feed crickets you should always remove any uneaten ones. If I use crickets it is singly and I watch each one get eaten.

well its extra protein for the crickets, if the geckos want jump in the cage with them they just have to pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back