Primary school teachers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it good for a year 3 teacher to experiment with hard illegal drugs?

• Yes its an idviduals choice what illegal drugs they choose to use

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Primary school teachers shouldnt use hard drugs and should be setting a good example

Votes: 83 66.9%
  • who cares

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • using recreational drugs isnt a criminal offence, just litghten up

Votes: 11 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cris

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Do you think it is acceptable for primary school teachers to experiment with hard illegal drugs?
As you may know im not to backward in expressing my opinion, tonight i met a primary school teacher who would not accept my opinion that it was stupid for her to be using MDMA(Ecstasy) everyone i was with basically said i was an idiot and it was her choice what she does etc.
I just think if i had kids and she was their teacher i would be in jail at this point. am i insane? or should teachers be using hard drugs without being questioned?

Last edited:
I think it is unacceptable for any professional to experiment with "hard drugs". Especially if they are partly responsible for the education of our future generation.
That's a really bazaar question, may I ask why you ask this ?:shock:

I think it is unacceptable for any professional to experiment with "hard drugs". Especially if they are partly responsible for the education of our future generation.
That's a really bazaar question, may I ask why you ask this ?:shock:

Well i have just edited my post, but basically i was made out to be the wrong person for saying this person was an idiot for thinking i will just try it and see if i like it :shock:

No your not insane Cris... I certainly wouldn't want my children being educated by some brain fried space cadet. :|

It doesn't matter if they were teaching the children or not .
Teachers are regarded as role models in the community, same as Police, Judges, Doctors, and other professionals.
Like it or not they are given extra responsibility to have influence over other people young and old.
So if they can't live by the laws of the land then they need to have a long hard look at themselves and ask the question if the are really suited for the job.:shock:
Teachers are generaly the first adults that children have any social interaction with other than there parents. they do influence the children, Everybody remembers their teachers.
Paul

Sorry But I cant believe you are even putting this poll up......

Any normal hunman being would know the answer to this.... And yes I am also being straight forward...

No No NO NO NOO NOO NNOO NNOO NNOO!! NNOO!! It IS NOT GOOD FOR ANYONE TO BE EXPERIMENTING WITH SUCH DRUGS..... ESPECIALLY SCHOOL TEACHERS.. CONSIDERING THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR KIDS WHILE IN THEIR CARE.....

No offence intended but ......
Not really any of your business IMO
What your saying is that because he/she is a "school teacher" they cannot take drugs , wolud it have bothered you if they were the local plumber ???
I am not saying drugs are ok , and i am sure if my kids teacher was an eccy head i might see this differently ...but its their choice , not yours

Sorry But I cant believe you are even putting this poll up......

Any normal hunman being would know the answer to this.... And yes I am also being straight forward...

No No NO NO NOO NOO NNOO NNOO NNOO!! NNOO!! It IS NOT GOOD FOR ANYONE TO BE EXPERIMENTING WITH SUCH DRUGS..... ESPECIALLY SCHOOL TEACHERS.. CONSIDERING THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR KIDS WHILE IN THEIR CARE.....

I am sure the teacher is not taking drugs in the staff room .:shock: :D

It doesn't matter if they were teaching the children or not .
Teachers are regarded as role models in the community, same as Police, Judges, Doctors, and other professionals.
Like it or not they are given extra responsibility to have influence over other people young and old.
So if they can't live by the laws of the land then they need to have a long hard look at themselves and ask the question if the are really suited for the job.:shock:
Teachers are generaly the first adults that children have any social interaction with other than there parents. they do influence the children, Everybody remembers their teachers.
Paul

By law teachers can not influence students in their own beliefs and morals. They can only teach what they are told to teach.

Refering to your role model question, If a year 3 teacher uses illegal drugs of any sort they would not plaster notices about this throughout the school or tell a single student. Therefore the students would not know if they use illegal drugs or not. Therfore their 'rolemodel' outlook would be 'clean'.

Proffesional people are usually more educated then the average citizen (uni and the like), they are hopefully taught (Not everybody has good lecturers) to question what the general public are fed and to inform themselves about truth rather then listen to channel 9 news for the structure of their beliefs.
In doing this they/you will do things in public and their private lives that are not generally considered 'normal' by Joe citizen.
Is this bad? Yes in regard to judgement from your 'peers'...however.... No for the person informing themselves and making an informed judgement themselves rather then listening to channel 9 news for their belief system.

Heres a link on Ecstasy (AKA: MDMA) which may inform you on its true effects...not channel 9 effects.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_effects.shtml

All drugs legal and illegal can have damaging effects on the human body and brain....correct doseage and uses however can have beneficial effects on the human body and brain.

Is this teacher a brain fried space cadet for using MDMA...research evidence says No.

Firehose ready.

Well said Earthling! I would only see it as a problem if the drug taking interfered with their work performance, but if they're doing a good job who gives a crap what they do in their spare time. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am trained as a primary school teacher (although right now I'm home raising my boy) and I don't think it is at all acceptable to be experimenting with hard drugs. I say this because teaching a class of children can be difficult and frustrating. You need to be calm and alert to answer question and deal with behaviours that at times are hard to deal with.

If partying on the weekend, you could be much less tolerant, and alert come monday morning and this is going to have a negitive effect on your work.

Teachers need to be aware that the things you say and do on a daily basis have the ability to say with children for life. I remember harsh comments made by primary school teachers, our job is to teach, support and foster positive attitudes. The only way to do that is to be supportive and positive whenever possible. Felling terrible after the weekend does not fit in with many of a teachers roles.

Wow Earthling, you neally brought a tear to my eye with that speech. I would say well said - but as I am a teacher, and I don't do hard drugs, then I must also say no matter what channel 9 or some random internet site says - it's individual effects vary so considerably, manufacture often varies also causing variable effects, allergies etc etc... No, it is not safe - and this is not dose dependant.

Have you ever heard of 'P'?

Methamphetamine... Suprisingly enough the media was kept out of the loop of 'P' for such a long time, and still many of the general public are unaware of it. Yet it is the most dangerous drug on earth.

Unfortunately, your close neighbours have a serious 'P' problem - people are being murdered, hands being cut off... many many pyschotic side effects occur because of 'P'.

I talked to a criminal psychologist (of Oxford variety if that has anything to do with it) who was an old boy at a school I taught at. He is one of the most sort after criminal psychologist in the world. I asked him straight out - what is the difference between a pyschotic person on a killing spree and someone on 'P'. His answer was plain and simple - there is no difference, these people experience the same symptoms as any psychotic person, and most will find it uncontrollable.

Ok - so that isn't 'E'... But Cris had asked is it ok to experiment with hard drugs - and 'P' is a hard drug.

No is the answer - not for a teacher, not for a plumber not for anyone...

However - individuals, in a safe environment can choose what they do and who they do it with. And I would not preach any different.

But on saying this - alcohol is probably more damaging in the long term than E and we find it socially acceptable... go figure???

I know this doesn't answer your question... I don't know enough about E to determine if it is unsafe. I know of two cases of deaths attributed to E, but not many people, that I am aware of, have pyschotic episodes from E. But I believe strongly that people who choose E may choose harder drugs for the future if that's all they can get their hands on. And then in the pursuit of finding that original high they become addicted and fall into that pit...

Good luck on your crusade of removing drugs from our schools... Because I would say that it is nearly impossible...

ps - Last year, I taught physics to a very nice bunch of year 12 students - one obviously had a marijuana problem and throughout the year his grades dropped, his motivation dropped, and his attention span became non-existent... From an A student of the class - to a possible A class drug taker... It is very sad to see.

I agree with you 100% Cris, it shouldn't be on.

This person is in a position of trust, regardless of whether they take them in the staff room or not (Not sure what difference that makes anyway), that person's personality, judgement, decision making ability, ethics, morales, etc... are all going to be negatively influenced by her choice to indulge illicit drugs.

As for the 'legal' drugs being as bad, or worse, that is not what this thread is discussing, so has no relevance here, and is always thrown into the mix to cloud things up. We are talking about a primary school teacher taking an illicit substance.

If I had a child in her class, I would be taking them out of the class and the school, making a formal compliant to the dept of education and perhaps more....

I am trained as a primary school teacher (although right now I'm home raising my boy) and I don't think it is at all acceptable to be experimenting with hard drugs. I say this because teaching a class of children can be difficult and frustrating. You need to be calm and alert to answer question and deal with behaviours that at times are hard to deal with.

If partying on the weekend, you could be much less tolerant, and alert come monday morning and this is going to have a negitive effect on your work.

Teachers need to be aware that the things you say and do on a daily basis have the ability to say with children for life. I remember harsh comments made by primary school teachers, our job is to teach, support and foster positive attitudes. The only way to do that is to be supportive and positive whenever possible. Felling terrible after the weekend does not fit in with many of a teachers roles.

So maybe we should stop them drinking alcohol as they may turn up monday morning with a hangover ......and that would have a negative affect .
Once again not saying its ok to take any drugs , but i cant see its any ones business what he/she does .
As long as she is not hurting the kids in any way .

Heres a link on Ecstasy (AKA: MDMA) which may inform you on its true effects...not channel 9 effects.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_effects.shtml

Wow 30 - 12 negative results over positive. I included the so called "NEUTRAL" results as how can they honestly be considered as Neutral??

Makes me just want to rush out and try it.

After all this is based on what? An average of the contents of all the versions on the "market"?? Or just the "pure" ones? Are there any pure ones? Do they provide a certificate of authenticity or quality assurance?

All drugs legal and illegal can have damaging effects on the human body and brain....correct doseage and uses however can have beneficial effects on the human body and brain.

This is true. But then those that are legal are legal for a reason. Those that aren't.........

IsK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back