Primary school teachers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it good for a year 3 teacher to experiment with hard illegal drugs?

• Yes its an idviduals choice what illegal drugs they choose to use

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Primary school teachers shouldnt use hard drugs and should be setting a good example

Votes: 83 66.9%
  • who cares

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • using recreational drugs isnt a criminal offence, just litghten up

Votes: 11 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
and 1 more thing is that if u do take ecstasy on weekdns it is prob goin to be the sat nite so that u have time to recover on sunday.. and i have found that u dont have anything like a hangover.. so she wood be fine and not teaching from a brainfried state or woteva.. u wake up in the morning feeling fine.. and cos of the lack of alcohol u drink whilst on these kinds of drugs.. she wood feel better than anyone not doin them, and just drinking or woteva..
flame suit on!!!

my point is, in terms of influence, it makes no difference to legality.
it is illegal for a student age child to smoke a cigarette, just like "illicit" drugs

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. Are you trying to tell us that 'those drugs' e.g. ecstasy, cocaine, etc. are legal? Because the laws are clear. tobacco - legal, alcohol - legal, others NOT LEGAL! Just because they are everywhere doesn't make them legal.

The reason i consider it a hard drug is because i know alot of ppl who have permanent brain damage from using it, it retards your brains ability to produce ceratonin(spelling?) and has a dramatic effect on your memory. Most of these ppl started out with the same attitude this teacher had, saying they would only use it occasionally etc. but that often changes when ppl realise how fun it is too use.

Recreational drug use has been decriminalised in Qld for some time now, its only a criminal offence when you get caught a second time or with a certain quantity of drugs.

The reason i started this thread was not out of concern for the teachers health, it was more concern about the increasingly common attitude that its OK to try such drugs thinking you wont end up having a problem with them. If they were a plumber i wouldnt care, but teachers attitudes do have a strong influence on kids and i just thing its wrong that ppl with an attitude that its OK(or even good) to use drugs if you think you can control your habit are in such a position of influence.

I've just skimmed to the end of this however,

1st MDMA is rarely pure, so chances up its about 10% anyway,

2nd its not a hard drug

3rd its school holidays

4th how the hell are the kids going to know what their teacher does on the weekend.

I've seen cops do it on the weekends, who cares as long as it does not interrupt their working day.

i am not saying i approve, in point of fact, i don't.

however, in terms of influence, i feel cigarettes are worse
and in terms of effect on job, long and short term, alcohol is worse, and easier to prove too.

unless this teacher is using often enough (and i mean more than every weekend) i doubt it would effect her job (depending on drug of course)

and while many people start out "recreational" and get "addicted", many more have that problem with alcohol.
i wouldn't want my children being taught by an alcoholic (legal or not) just like i wouldn't want them to be taught by a drug addict.

but what they do in their private life, E, GBH, marajuana, vodka, is none of anyones buisness as long as it stays out of their proffessional life.

and before it is said, YES i agree, sometimes, for some people, it may still effect them slightly come monday, but so does alcohol, and that is more common, and just as bad.

I'm not sure why the 'legal/illegal' argument is relevent. Just because something is legal that doesn't make it safe. So someone's addicted to perscription pain killers. It's actually not a bad thing because the drug is legal?
The issue is the effect of the drug. We all know what smoking does to you and what alcohol can do. One could argue that occassional ecstasy use is actually much less harmful than an addiction to cigarettes.

I disagree sorry.
It's the fact that someone who teaches kids goes out and deliberately breaks the law and does not see that as wrong that I have a problem with.
This person clearly makes no secret of the fact, otherwise how would Cris know?
You cannot say that just because you disagree with the law, breaking it is not important, the law is the law. There are quite a few laws I don't agree with, I don't go breaking them though, I respect our countries legal system.
That sort of attitude is imparted in the classroom, whether you mean to or not.
As to occasional use of e being better than addiction to cigarettes? Compare apples to apples please, how would taking e 20 times a day effect you do you reckon? ;)

I've just skimmed to the end of this however,

1st MDMA is rarely pure, so chances up its about 10% anyway,

2nd its not a hard drug

i agree, i wouldn't consider it hard either.
but the thread was started on the assumption that "hard drugs" are illicit drugs.

no point arguing semantics, when there is plenty else to argue about :p

besides, everyone will have a definition of hard drugs anyway.... although in my experience most are kinda soft and powdery or leafy

I disagree sorry.
It's the fact that someone who teaches kids goes out and deliberately breaks the law and does not see that as wrong that I have a problem with.
This person clearly makes no secret of the fact, otherwise how would Cris know?
You cannot say that just because you disagree with the law, breaking it is not important, the law is the law. There are quite a few laws I don't agree with, I don't go breaking them though, I respect our countries legal system.
That sort of attitude is imparted in the classroom, whether you mean to or not.
As to occasional use of e being better than addiction to cigarettes? Compare apples to apples please, how would taking e 20 times a day effect you do you reckon? ;)

firstly, you ever openly jaywalked? gone 3km's over the speed limit? briefly double parked to pick someone up? put your feet on a bus seat? drunk a beer outside your house? talked on your mobile driving?
i don't mean to be pedantic, but the law is the law as you say, i hope you don't look after any children.

and 20 E's a day... well... aside from the fact it wouldn't be recreational (and hence irrelevant to this discussion) it probably would effect her job as she'd be taking it at work.
again that would be irrelevant to this thread too, because to my recollection no one said it would be okay for her to be popping pills in the middle of math class

I looked at this thread because of the amount of replies.. and now I can see why. :lol:

What sort of a question is that?!

Responsability for ourselves rest with ourselves, yes it is their choice, if they want to poison themselves so be it. But don't kid yourself to justify taking anything. The hardest thing to do is to be honest with ourself, true introspection begets wisdom.

Besides, most teachers i know are all a bit screwy anyway.

memory

i went to school in the 60's and 70's so who knows what the teachers were on then. I can't remember any particular lessons, i just remember if they were good women and blokes.
Perhaps some psychadelic lesson planning could result in kids actually remembering a lesson 30 yrs from now.

I am a teacher and have taught from Kindergarten to yr 12. You are not supposed to influence children by word or known lifestyle. You can be a crack ho or a mad leftie, you may gamble thousands then bash your spouse or maybe support the Broncos or even be a switchhitter. You cannot tell children it is a good thing to do these things or openly display your lifestyle when you are a teacher. There are higher standards applied when you are a teacher. Simple as that.

If you want to teach my three kids you had better be on your game. If you are on the meth and the E's and all your new-fangled psuedo-soft chemical drugs then I don't need you teaching my kids and i definitely don't want to be your colleague.

the mad one

Last edited:
hate to tell you dude but Ecstasy is not a "hard drug"
can tell you now alot more deaths injuries and other related **** happens from people drinking
so is alcohol a "hard drug"

I'm sorry if drug use is so widespread throughout our community that it's accepted... no it's not any different than turning up to work hungover, but it doesn't make it RIGHT!

Interesting sentence Slim.
I think you and others can accept that members of our society want to and will take drugs. So what do we do with this knowledge that its going to definetly happen? We could do as we have been doing for the last...well since laws against drugs first arrived, but that hasnt solved the problem has it? Unhealthy drug use is still occuring....

Perhaps we should openly start killing all known drug users to scourge the planet of this scum! Mmmmm...sounding a bit like Hitler their.

Well we know people are going to take drugs....we cant stop them..hell weve tried for years and it hasnt worked...we even legalise some drugs and the problems are still their.....
If we know people are going to use drugs what would happen if we accepted that and put in proactive measures to assist people in making the best possible choices about their drug use. In a word Educate. Educate people about drug use and their body and signs to look for of damaging effects and also support to come clean if and when they decide to.

We can live in a me good them baaaaad mentality or we can choose to accept that something is going to happen and deal with it.

Does that answer your last statement a little cris. Hope so.
Education.

hate to tell you dude but Ecstasy is not a "hard drug"
can tell you now alot more deaths injuries and other related **** happens from people drinking
so is alcohol a "hard drug"

Well i actually think it is, but no where near as bad as ekies. Im sure my old mates who have permanent brain damage from taking them would be glad to hear there is nothing wrong with them because you think it isnt a "hard drug". I may be slightly biased because i have seen it completely destroy many of my friends but IMO it is one of the most damaging drugs available.

Well i actually think it is, but no where near as bad as ekies. Im sure my old mates who have permanent brain damage from taking them would be glad to hear there is nothing wrong with them because you think it isnt a "hard drug". I may be slightly biased because i have seen it completely destroy many of my friends but IMO it is one of the most damaging drugs available.

ahhhh...

Ectacy, X, E, and eccies are the same thing.

but like i said to someone else, the definition of hard drug doesn't matter, we all know what you were talking about in your first post.

i have friends and relatives with permanant mental issues because of drugs and alcohol.
mostly alcohol, but enough marajuana and speed as well...
and while its all sad, with the exception of the EXTREME rarities, none of these people were recreational at all....
certainly more than the weekend use you started the thread with.

Earthling... Education - yes.. Education... good call... and truthful... why lock these drug users up in jail.. they haven't done anythnig wrong, essentially, they just used the end product... it's the manufacturers we need to get... they need educating... About the damage they're doing to some of these young people.

Education - yes, and where better to start than a teacher smacked out on E... Good call :)

But - education is our only weapon... It's true... But unfortunately - some people just aren't ready to hear the truth or make these choices and they become beneficiaries of a society that allows the weak and needy to survive...

I see people in the parks sniffing glue... petrol.. solvents... sniffing spray cans... are they going to be educated - I am sure if the 12 year old was AT school they might have education.. but their social network is so broken down that they can't even get to school...

it's a dreamworld... I live in it... I miss seeing most of the bad and injustice in this world... But I can't see how a teacher on E can help educating our impressionable about the dangers of drugs, alcohol and sniffing solvents...

:) wow... Did I say that without the use of speed?

No offence to any teachers ( I myself lecture at several universities on a casual - read performance -basis) but teaching is one of the last "jobs for life" and, therefore, a refuge for many incompetent dregs who somehow manage to pass what amounts to a 3 year tech course. (This doesn't include the many excellent teachers out there). As soon as teachers have to apply for work like the rest of us and are performance assessed the better our schools will be.

Last edited:
No offence to any teachers ( I lecture at several universities on a casual - read performance -basis) but teaching is one of the last "jobs for life" and, therefore, a refuge for many incompetent dregs who somehow manage to pass what amounts to a 3 year tech course. (This doesn't include the many excellent teachers out there). As soon as teachers have to apply for work like the rest of us and are performance assessed the better our schools will be.

That's a jolly interesting outlook on life...

I am not going to justify why I teach - or even what I had to do to get there - and maybe I am one of those 'excellent' teachers out there - It sure as hell does not excuse the requirement to take drugs and boast about it... The worst part is - it is in primary school where the kids learn their environmental behaviours for the future in secondary, when I get to teach them ;)

That's a jolly interesting outlook on life...

Don't think I mentioned "life" - just obvious annoyance about lousy teachers. I have two kids in public high schools. Some of the teachers are excellent - some are woeful. Trouble is, the woeful don't go away.

I agree with you. The absurdity of someone in charge of young minds asking the question "What drug will I take this weekend?" beggars belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back