Pro-police

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zobo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
In light of a ridiculus recent thread about Police consider this;

there are no such things as quotas for fines...absolute rubbish.

without Police society would be run by the likes of bikies etc

comments such as 'why don;t they catch real crims' etc etc are so cliche and ignorant....do you know that hundreds of people are killed on our roads each year and yet there are relatively few murders, not to mention the amount of $ it cost society for every car crash and injury on our roads. This is why the TRAFFIC branch of the police do what they do and that is all that they are employed to do, so they are not wasting time, they are doing what they get paid to do.

Comments such as 'I pay your wages' are also so pathetic.... Police pay taxes too?

The only people that don't like police are the grubs of society......honestly think about why you dislike police if you do. I grew up with a good family etc and have always respected police even when I got fines, because guess what????
I was taught to take responsibility for my own actions!! LOL fancy that!

Just remember there are always 2 sides to every story and who knows the Officer's side of this one??? it could be dozens of legit reasons he issued a ticket, like the driver may have endangered the lives of firies trying to fight the fire?, maybe he mouthed off instead of taking a warning??, maybe maybe maybe,
It amuses me when people make such harsh comments after hearing 1 side of a story.

And taring all Police with the one brush is like saying all people who keep reptiles are weirdos! (that is called stereotyping for all the ignorant ones out there)

Trust me on this MOST people who get fines etc deserve them, however there are a few police out there that could have a better attitude, but when you face dealing with the scum of the earth day in day out, you would also become a bit cynical.

Another member posted some rubbish about police issuing an old lady a ticket in Cairns for not crossing road quick enough. Here is the real story. A well known local Aboriginal lady was drunk and walking down the MIDDLE of a road (not across it) and causing a hazard with traffic and almost got hit by cars, when Police arrived she was abusive and mouthed off at the Police and would not get off road, hence the outcome. Amazing how things look so different when you get the full story NOT the half sided media side!

Anyway I know that you can't change peoples opinion so Police so I just thought I'd give the Police-haters out there something to think about

Knowledge is the key and if people see what police do in a whole day they would soon change their opinions.

You never see the good stuff on TV only the bad.
But police do a lot more than tickets;
-deliver death messages when a family member dies,
-arrest kiddie fiddlers and have to deal with them
-arrest druggies/rapist/murderers/ etc
-attend every death that occurs and deal with families etc
-locate and return stolen property
-help domestic violence victims and kids
and the list go's on and on.

you try doing that in 1 week

jas

Agreed. There will always be a few rotten apples that ruin the barrel (just like on here ;))

but that doesn't mean they are all bad.

Most do a great job and good on them.

+1 for support for the police.

They may have stolen my license off me for a year(ages ago and i got it back already), but because of them I have a better outlook on life and most likely am still alive because of them.

in that other thread, what if the offending driver was rushing somewhere to begin looting?.
and it was mentioned that the offender was most probably stopped because he was endangering others.
those that hate or fear the police, more than likely have something to hide.
if you are doing the right thing, in most cases you have nothing to worry about.
cheers:)

I couldn't agree more Jason, I'm sick to death of these stupid comments about the Police, just imagine society without them.
There are good and bad in ALL walks of life and I will be honest and say I have met a couple of real (deleted) but the good ones seem to outnumber the bad ones.
I personally know 5 Police officers, men and women, and they are all good honest people. Believe me if you had to do 10% of what they do every day you would change your minds about them.
Unfortunately as with racists, bigots, homophobes or whatever the facts are never allowed to get in the way of a good story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said Jason ...

I still cant believe that comment about " wishing he was burnt to death in the fires " .....
Makes me wonder just how narrow minded people really are to say some thing like that ,the man was doing his job , rules are rules pretty simple ....

Well said Zobo, couldn't agree with you more. The only time i've ever had an unpleasant meeting with a cop was when i was speeding, I didn't try and blame him or get angry with him, it was me who stuffed up, I for one know i wouldn't have the patience to put up with some of the people and attitudes they have to deal with everyday

Here in Australia we have, without a doubt, the most dangerous snakes in the world!
However, with out a doubt, you are far more likely to be killed by a cop than a venemous snake! Look at the statistics!

I agree most police are good ppl, but as they employ humans there will always be some bad ones there.

thanks guys, I just get so annoyed with the ignorance of some.
Even if you have a different opinion, lets see if we can keep this civil and avoid crazy comments like the other thread.
I also lost my licence back when I was younger and it totally changed my driving style, and have not had any tickets etc in over 8 years.....not even speed cameras.
And do you know why? I don't drive like a moron!
Common sense will prevail......one day!

jas

Here in Australia we have, without a doubt, the most dangerous snakes in the world!
However, with out a doubt, you are far more likely to be killed by a cop than a venemous snake! Look at the statistics!

LOL, and why would an officer shoot you if you were not doing anything wrong???

All police shootings are the result of someone threatening the officers life. If someone was going to kill you at work, would you not LEGALLY defend yourself??

Most are drug affected mentally ill persons out to hurt someone, would you rather they kill someone innocent (maybe your wife or family member) or be stopped by police? Isn't that what police are for? protecting the public.

jas

i also like how many people believe the half and twisted stories they read..... if it's something done against an indigenous person the "offender" (being whoever, police or public) the media tends to give the villian story against the "offender for the offended".... or if there is a story that can be blown out of proportion too it will be done... like never knew about the fact she was aboriginal, only heard that she was an older woman walking slow across the road and held them up, then the charges where droped and compensated!!
i never believe the papers no more and if i hear a story from a source other than the media i take it on board with an open mind of that may be what did happen

seen and heard heaps of stories that have been twisted way out of true perspective, thats why i don't read it no more or listen as most cases they are just taking a second hand or 1 side story, and people always belive it.... i think good on them for being closed minded and believing what they read as gospel

police do a good job, and i always give them respect, even if i'm getting fined... 'it's called appeal' if it's a fine you shouldn't have had. if i've done it however i take the wrap... and they do a good job in getting the real scum out there... sometimes i have a swayed opinion on some cases but overall, it's a job most do well and they are gr8 if some1 makes thier job easier by not putting up a stink

My experience with the cops has never been that bad except for one sour moment - for something trivial and mean - but, I admit, I was in the wrong, I just didn't need to be called an ignorant so and so.

I personally think you've written a great rebuttal there zobo.

LOL, and why would an officer shoot you if you were not doing anything wrong???

All police shootings are the result of someone threatening the officers life. If someone was going to kill you at work, would you not LEGALLY defend yourself??

Most are drug affected mentally ill persons out to hurt someone, would you rather they kill someone innocent (maybe your wife or family member) or be stopped by police? Isn't that what police are for? protecting the public.

jas

yeah, i've 'legaly' defended myself.... but your not allowed to beat some1 that pulls a knife on you and uses it as they werent a threat if you can over power them in an unprovoked attack upon yourself.... it was let slide by a cop but got the warning.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah!, a well known local aboriginal(very important detail) lady. That explains it.
Move from one prejudice to another.
I was with you till that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back