probs with my estern long neck

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leahf

Reaction score
I have recently purchased 2 baby eastern long necks. I purchased the first one a few weeks before getting the 2nd one. unfortunately one of the turtles got sick and couldn't use his legs so he had a few days at the reptile vet. We treated both animals with anti biotics incase the other just wasn't showing symptoms. however the youngest one has started swimming with her bottom in the air and doesn't seem to be ducking down into the water. She is also off her food and looks to be shedding. I am only new to this so some help would be great as it is very expensive to take to the vet, although will if she doesnt get better. Also she spends so much time on her dock and doesn't seem to go in the water for long periods of time. Any advice for the novice????

could be a respiratory infection, might be getting it from the cold air or water temps to low my heater broke last winter and it to my ELN

oh ok thanks....should take a trip to the vet then. temps are all good i think. thanks so much thou

well mabey its calcium deffishiency or not enough uvb you could take them in the sun for a hour or two thats wat i do

thats what the vet said was wrong with the other one.....started them on fish. I had so many diff people telling me what to feed them. i might put them both out in the sun then. thanks. what should i do about the calcium is there anything i can do?

fish is good for calcium,also liquid calcium from vet,calcium powder and prawns.
i dust all my crickets before i feed them 10-30 mins in sun a couple times a week is good

thanks so much for your help Novek. I appreciate it. I honestly didn't think having a turtle would be this hard.....thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back