ProHerp feedback

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.James

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Big thanks to the team at Proherp for there excellent service and fast delivery time of my new 40W heat panel & hide. I placed my order on Monday, got a reply within a few hours, made payment & the package arrived on Wednesday!

The new heat panels look great and work even better, putting out a great amount of heat for such a low wattage panel, they are light and easy to install (2x screws), and I have had it running now over 24hrs with no smell. They give you a 10yr warranty on them too. I'll definitely be ordering again.

The hides are great too, my python has taken to the new hide on the first day (I left the old in their just incase), so I think he's very happy also.

Great work ProHerp, fantastic products!

I will update this thread with some temps I'm getting on the 40W panel later on down the track once I give it a good work out.

Thanks
Mr.Boyd!

what size enclosure and what temps are the radiators keeping both hot and cold end. what area do you live in? just trying to get a rough idea at the wattage i will need.

Awesome, i just emailed them a bunch of questions, one of which was how hot to they get without a thermostat, so im tuning in to this thread! :p
(not planning on running them without a thermostat, just worried abotu thermostat failures in my smaller cages with teh 75W panels)

doh, old thread, guess i'll wait for them to reply! :)

rsp1.jpg

Proherp panels are great, I use 40W panels in my enclosures. The python enclosures are both 600x600x450mm. & boyd enclosure 900x600x450mm. I run the panels on a dimming stat, and they are very stable. 32 hot end and 26 cool end. Boyds are kept cooler though.

Surface temps on the face of the panels are around 50-60 degrees.

The hides they have are also great, light weight and easy to clean.

I have an 80W panel in with my Scrubbie in a 4x2x2-200mm from panel, work great and good people to deal with.

View attachment 213306

Proherp panels are great, I use 40W panels in my enclosures. The python enclosures are both 600x600x450mm. & boyd enclosure 900x600x450mm. I run the panels on a dimming stat, and they are very stable. 32 hot end and 26 cool end. Boyds are kept cooler though.

Surface temps on the face of the panels are around 50-60 degrees.

The hides they have are also great, light weight and easy to clean.

Cheers for the info , do you happen to know how hot the tops of them get ? I was concerned about heat transferring to the cage above in a bank setup ..

That is the only fault I can say the panels do transfer some heat on the top side, unsure how much but I did have to put a double layer between enclosures.

It would really depend on the material, I dont use melamine any more so i couldnt tell u. A peice of insulation or 10mm foam on the top side before you screw it to the ceiling would help elimate heat transfer.

I recently purchased a 28W panel to try out in a smaller enclosure. No doubt it will be good. But I think i'll be running it on a pulse stat.

That is the only fault I can say the panels do transfer some heat on the top side, unsure how much but I did have to put a double layer between enclosures.

It would really depend on the material, I dont use melamine any more so i couldnt tell u.

I recently purchased a 28W panel to try out in a smaller enclosure. No doubt it will be good. But I think i'll be running it on a pulse stat.

Cheers mate , might have to look into some sort of insulation before I buy any ...

lol, i love the fact that both sides of teh panels are useful,...so do my critters! :)

you can get 2 inch thick polystyrene foam to insulate ceilings, i use that between my cold tile floors and the cages, nothing gets thru,....

thanks for teh link dicky! :p

They are a great product i use the 40w heat panels in my GTP enclosures.
The perch is 200mm from the heat panel and it sits around 32 degrees, the surface temp of the panel was 82 degrees i can sit my hand on it with out getting burnt.

i just measured the temp on the top of the melamine enclosure dicky and the hottest part on the outside of the cage was 32 not to bad, I'll sit another piece of melamine on top and measure it again tomorrow.

GTPenclosure2.jpg

Cheers for the extra info Jason , the heat being transferred is fine for certain species , but I was looking at these for greens and in a stacker I had once before the panels heated the above greens cages way to much , drying them out to quickly ....
I think an extra piece of melamine between the panel and roof might help reduce a bit though.

What is so much better about these compared to a Ceramic Bulb that u can get for $20? SO u have to buy a cage around it and the bulb holder but your looking at around $40 compared to $120...?

Im Building a enclosure at the moment and considering heating options.

I have an 80 Watt in a large enclosure with a jungle in it, 1500x800x600 I had a few issues setting it up, but it was my fault not the panel. Currently its running and doing a great job, they will be going in all of my enclosures. Will end up a lot cheaper.
done2.jpg

The Ceramic Bulbs don't cover as much surface area and generally require a higher wattage bulb to heat the same area. The bulb requires a cage to stop burns from occuring and you may only get 12 months out of one bulb.
In saying all this there are always cases where bulbs are more suitable for an enclosure and you shouldn't buy a generic enclosure that is kitted out and assume it will be fine for all species of snakes and lizards.
The ProHerp Panels range from 28W to 160W and cover a length of 1m at the top end of the range.
You would need a few ceramic bulbs to cover that kind of distance and it would be using a lot more than 160W of energy.
I always ask what your keeping in the enclosure before suggesting any kind of heat source.
Eg. Monitors require a good heat source with hot spots that can exceed 70c so I wouldn't suggest a panel for these.
In saying that, there are people out there using the large panels to heat crocs and seem very happy with them.
Always do your research, as what is good for one species isn't always good for others.

What is so much better about these compared to a Ceramic Bulb that u can get for $20? SO u have to buy a cage around it and the bulb holder but your looking at around $40 compared to $120...?

Im Building a enclosure at the moment and considering heating options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back