Puppy update + pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, we have 2 rottis, the pup is going to be massive he is already over 30kg and im fairly sure hes still under 6 months old.

here are some pics

Keep an eye on the pup to try to get it to grow at 1 kilo a week or slower - quicker than that increases the risk of musculoskeletal problems. That means that at 6 months (26 weeks) he should be 26 kilos or a little less.

Beautiful pups. Are you allowed to dock them anymore? When I lost my boy a few years ago, I was going to get a new one but they were making people not dock them. Are they allowed to dock in Australia?

Thanks all, they ahd their first baths tonight, it was a bit of a mission to bath 8 puppies but I did two at a time inside and when I took the first two back to their box one was barking it was so cute. First little bark I have heard from the litter.
Ally

Beautiful pups. Are you allowed to dock them anymore? When I lost my boy a few years ago, I was going to get a new one but they were making people not dock them. Are they allowed to dock in Australia?

No where in Aus are you aloud to dock tails anymore.
Half of this litter were born with bobtails

Keep an eye on the pup to try to get it to grow at 1 kilo a week or slower - quicker than that increases the risk of musculoskeletal problems. That means that at 6 months (26 weeks) he should be 26 kilos or a little less.

Shouldnt the amount of weight they put on be proportional to the size of the dog? we only follow the advice on the dog food in combination with advice from our vet. I have seen a fair few rottis and this guy is just a big one(as the breeder warned when we got him). In saying that though he is a bobtail and possibly more likely to have musculoskelatal problems, i would like to know more about what you are saying because i obviously want him to be as healthy as possible.

Cris,
Your boy wouldnt happen to come from Janice would they?

I was told when I bought my female they grow a little bit bigger than a docked tail.
I wouldnt know in comparison as she is my first dog without a tail but here is a pic of one of the pups not long after birth to give u an idea

Attachments

• 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 48

No docking is horrendous illegal animal cruelty (like feeding live fish to turtles). The big rotti in the pics above got to keep his nuts but had his tail chopped, the pup had his nuts chopped(not our choice) and has a genetic disorder that caused no tail. Personally i would much rather be the first dog if i had a choice, unfortunately hyperactive small brained animal liberationists have got their way on something that has absolutely nothing to do with them yet again...

3 weeks old today

Enjoy

Attachments

• 26102008260.jpg
    26102008260.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 26102008261.jpg
    26102008261.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 26102008271.jpg
    26102008271.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 26102008272.jpg
    26102008272.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 26102008279.jpg
    26102008279.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 35
i have a rottie, he's the best ever! will post some pics soon.

No docking is horrendous illegal animal cruelty (like feeding live fish to turtles). The big rotti in the pics above got to keep his nuts but had his tail chopped, the pup had his nuts chopped(not our choice) and has a genetic disorder that caused no tail. Personally i would much rather be the first dog if i had a choice, unfortunately hyperactive small brained animal liberationists have got their way on something that has absolutely nothing to do with them yet again...

Dogs use their tails as a communication device. The human equivalent to docking would be not having the ability to make facial expressions. IMO breeding for bob tails is no less cruel than docking tails. But i do like the look of docked ears.

They can get fairly large depending of bloodlines. My male is a fairly large boy weighing about 45kgs and the female is pretty small only weighing about 32.

Tini thats Bully the male in the photo. He is so dosile.

wow 45kgs isnt overly big for a male i had a rotty who unfortunatly died about 18 months ago and he was just over 70kgs.He came from a strong bloodline and was a big ball of muscle

Dogs use their tails as a communication device. The human equivalent to docking would be not having the ability to make facial expressions. IMO breeding for bob tails is no less cruel than docking tails. But i do like the look of docked ears.

:shock::shock::shock:

Nice pics yet again. Need to set up an ally pup rottie cam site so we can check in on them:);)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back