Puppy?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you want to rescue a dog from the shelter i would recommend getting an older animal

I dont think this is a good idea as she is going to have to come to terms with losing her friend again sooner rather than later if she gets a puppy.
I would hate to have to chose a dog for rescue. With over a hundred pairs of puppy dog eyes looking at you, how could you make your mind up.

hmmm I dont know still, I probably wont be getting him/her for a little while, just to save up enough money to buy him/her as well as the ongoing care/vet bills etc.. preparation is the key :p
I might just go a Pomeranian, they are probably best suited due to small size/less food, inside dog as well as outside although i reckon i'll spoil it lol and keep it inside etc.

Nat ;)

I dont think this is a good idea as she is going to have to come to terms with losing her friend again sooner rather than later if she gets a puppy.
I would hate to have to chose a dog for rescue. With over a hundred pairs of puppy dog eyes looking at you, how could you make your mind up.

good reasoning but i suppose i needed to clarify what i meant by 'older' dog, just more than a puppy; being more than 18 months of age. as yes im not sure i could follow my own advice :p i would have trouble going passed the puppies too! the beauty of getting a purebred animal, as long as you look into your chosen breeder thoroughly, is that you can be quite certain about what you are purchasing in terms of size, coat, trainability and temperament :)

Have you ever thought of a weimaraner? I have two of them one 2 and a half years and a 4 month old. They are the most loyal dog i have ever owned and are kept inside and out. They are very easily trained although they are a large dog (our 2 1/2 year old is 40kgs). They are very clever..

007.jpg

013.jpg

007-1.jpg

036.jpg

As you can see they love their babys.. lol

haha hilarious when you see a big scary dog chewing on a pink fluffy teddy.

Hey Troyster, Are yours purebred amstaff?
Put some pictures up anyway. When its time for me to get a new pup im going to see Andonas Kennels for a nice puppy. 4.5k each but worth it.[/QUOTE]

As promised,here are a couple of pics for you bfg

Attachments

• mia and angus 001.jpg
    mia and angus 001.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 117
  • mia and angus 003.jpg
    mia and angus 003.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 104
  • mia and angus 006.jpg
    mia and angus 006.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 89
  • mia and angus 008.jpg
    mia and angus 008.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 106
I vote pomeranian.. but I'm bias :)
I have 3 toy poms and love them to bits!

How can you resist a face like this! ;)
jasperpic.jpg

I often advise people to go to a large dog training club and watch various dogs in action. Talk to owners and trainers about what you want in a dog and the good and bad points of different breeds or crosses. I teach at our local club and I have seen people do this a couple of times. It is much more sensible than going to a purebred dog show.

best advice bar none.

learn the breed the pro cons medical ailement temperments so on

Any decisions yet? I was at the APDT (dog training) conference this weekend and talked to the greyhound rescue people. They do a very good job of assessing and rehoming dogs. If you aren't sure, you could always foster one... Greyhounds have few medical problems because of selection for sound racers rather than particular 'beauty' traits.

get a border collie best dog hands down myne dont even go to the toilate in his kennal very clean dogs lots of fun and great family dog myne sleeps in my bed with me some times and hes beautiful he doesnt attack anything and hes my fav dog ever

i vote boxer, couch potatoes but luvs a good run, indoors and out. but like any good dog needs training.

awwww karasha thats such a great picture of your dog on the beach :p very cute!
I'm probably going to go with:
1. Pomeranian (not the ones with squashed in faces, they look a little odd)
2. Boxers seem alright :)
3. My boyfriend seems to be greatly leaning towards a great dane, although I don't really know much about them, they seem ok so far
4. Greyhound from the racing track for re-homing. That seems like a great cause and I don't mind the look of the breed

Those seem to be my choices so far :) still deciding!

Nat ;)

That is one gorgeous photo!! I definately do believe I am gaining quite the soft spot for Pomeranians!

I like the black on them, different from the regular light reddish brown that breed seems to produce. I would probably get either a full white, white/light brown, or black if I do go for one.

Mind you, we are talking probably a year ahead of time before I could bring one home, although i wish it were sooner as I noticed rusty seemed a little 'off' today with his walking and whatnot, he looked as if he nearly collapsed when lying down on the rug thismorning, I hugged him and watched him for a while afterwards and he seemed to pick up a bit for the rest of the day. I'll be so drawn to tears when he finally goes :( poor thing in his old age

I vote pomeranian.. but I'm bias :)
I have 3 toy poms and love them to bits!

How can you resist a face like this! ;)
jasperpic.jpg

Get a Samoyed, their really cute look lol

tintin_samoyed01.jpg_w450.jpg

And sometimes they grow a main, like Aslan off lion, witch and wardrobe lol

GemmaNational2004Web.JPG

Urr soo cuteeee

samoyed_miona2.jpg

Cant go wong with a Border Collie! Great companions, flully, good obedience and agility dogs, but will lay by you side elaxing with you too! Best all rounder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back