Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
camspeed don't play the man up card. for people who haven't been bitten by a snake of any size it can be a bit daunting putting your hand in an enclosure and not knowing what to expect. so if people use a snake hook to remove their snakes do they need to man up also. it doesn't make a person tough to get tagged by their snake.

I must definately be the.....princess fairy....type....my 2 yr old stimmie has tagged me twice since I had him, and I'm a bit nervous of him now.....for a while about a year ago, I used white cotton gloves. :) yes, I'm a wimp...but I'm allowed to be, I'm an old lady. :) Any snake bigger than a stimmie is too big for me, and when he tagged me a couple of weeks ago...he thought I was a mouse, I didn't realise he was hungry, and there was blood, and it bloody hurt for 2 days !!!! :)

thats ok granieannie, everyone knows that some of the finest vintage wine bottles have to be handled delicatly because with there maturity comes fragility.....but that definatly doesnt lessen there value :)

donks

Thank you donks....I know you care about me, and understand that I am "delicate"..... a fragile little herper I may be, but I'm still a herper and spread the word to everyone I can about what wonderful creatures snakies are. :)

yeah, my mum knows haha yeah, nice spotted and scrubby mate.
View attachment 176308View attachment 176307
Here's two pics of my babies.The spotted is a great little snake to own and well the scrub is a great big snake to own lol.
Good luck with the Scrubby .Don't be fooled into thinking it will stay placid .I now a guy who had a placid scrub for years .From out of no-where it gave him a nasty bite to the head right in the middle of a demonstration for no reason .Do your parents realise just how big the scrub will grow and it's possible attitude .Mine is over 10ft now and 8kgs and has been a real handful right from the day i got her to the point now i have to use a broom to fend her off while i clean her cage.

yeah, my mum knows haha yeah, nice spotted and scrubby mate.

Do you have "herp parents"?
lol my mum went ape when i told her how big my BHP will get...then after 4 months me bringing it out double the size, her reaction was priceless

our 2 year old darwin bit me didnt hurt a bit i had to see blood to know he bit. snake bites arent too painful cat bites, parrot bites and shark bites hurt like hell i know from experience

it depends on both the size, and the intention of the snake .... their teeth are like razors so will draw blood from a little nip, and you'll hardly feel a thing (unless a tooth gets stuck) lol. Being bitten by a hungry 12 ft olive python who thinks your hand is a rat, now that hurts .... for about 6 weeks I could hardly move my hand. That'll teach me for getting so complacent with him .... might've been gentle most times, but still a predatory animal which reacts on instinct.

oh yeah that can hurt but a cat bite is dangerous infection wise a parrots beak is made to break the strongest of seeds and a shark well its jaws work like a chainsaw. having been bitten by all so far i give the cat bite the vote for the most painful ( although the shark bite was from a dead one)

I don't bother, to lazy to put gloves on. Heck even when handling a 7 foot jungle (who has tried to strangle my neck) I just man up and go for gold.

163278_1628396664721_1080709962_1694915_7061484_n.jpg

Oh there is a lot more of her that is not in the picture LOL

Maybe if you are scared of an animal that you have to wear gloves to handle it, its not the animal for you is all I was saying. I have been bitten a number of times by my 6' olive, doesn't make me apprehensive about picking him up though. Like someone else said, I'd rather get bitten by a snake then a psycho cat or bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back