Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rubydimond

Reaction score
hi guys i had a drama yesterday!!.
my 7ft coastals encloser collapsed when i was trying to move it. thankfully the coastal was not harmed in any way but she was surely pissed off lol. the glass broke and the side fell off it. my mate came around and did an emergency quick fix and now my encloser has gone from 6ft in length to 2.5ft. anyway now i have to rebuild a new encloser and thort sice my pair of diamonds are going to get pretty big them selfs ill build them one as well.
if anyone has any ideas / designee ideas. anything is possible because my mate is a cabinet maker. now the coastal has never climbed in her life she seems to like to strech out so i was thinking of a low but long ie. 5ft encloser, but the two diamonds love to climb they spend 90% of there day up on a brach i have in there encloser. so i want to incorporate the two ill try do a very rough sketch of what i was thinking but if anyone out there is creative and would like to help me out with i designee it would be greatly appreciated. my mate has a funky tool that routes out what ever shape he draws on a comp so he can make a window in the side the shape of a snake or whatever. i will post pics of the encloser when its done. thanks for your time

here is a super rough sketch . as you can see i do not have a creative side so any ideas would be great

Attachments

• realy rugh sketch of enclosers.JPG
    realy rugh sketch of enclosers.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 124
I personally would give the coastal more climbing space, if they have it they will use it (even if you don't manage to catch a glimpse of them doing it). That enclosure IMO would be more suited to a BHP, WOMA, stimson (groudn dwelling pythons) etc. Coastals get really big so make sure you allow for this.

Allana :)

try sliding glass doors very esay to make and more practical

Firstly, I would scrap the lids on the top - it limits the use and eliminates the potential to stack another enclosure on top at a later date...

I personally would give the coastal more climbing space, if they have it they will use it (even if you don't manage to catch a glimpse of them doing it). That enclosure IMO would be more suited to a BHP, WOMA, stimson (groudn dwelling pythons) etc. Coastals get really big so make sure you allow for this.

Allana :)
so do u think i should do two upright enclosers ?? i dont know how she will go in an upright i might be makeing it worse for her if you know what i mean.

Firstly, I would scrap the lids on the top - it limits the use and eliminates the potential to stack another enclosure on top at a later date...
yeah i get what you mean i should do a door on the front or sliding glass, the only thing with the sliding glass is i dont like the look of its as much as on big sheet of glass.

does anyone know of any sites that has just pics of custom enclosers ?

sorry mate i cant get it to work but it has two enlclosures on the outsides which are longer upways for the diamonds with draws inbetween on the bottom. With another enclosure on top of the draws for the carpet. Hope that makes sense i will try to draw it in paint

here is one i biult for my jungle girl, it measures 2100H x 1700W x 600D and i have 2 250watt ceramics in there for heating

Attachments

• NEW HOME FOR THE GIRLS 039.jpg
    NEW HOME FOR THE GIRLS 039.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 346
The sketch was in the wrong format i just quickly done this one.

Attachments

• New enclosure designf.JPG
    New enclosure designf.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 61
ok i just made this design for myself next time i may make the one i just shown u. This was my HSC School Project

Attachments

• 100_2235.jpg
    100_2235.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 90
two enclosers were they can both climb and have a larg flat area tell me what you think ?

Attachments

• encloser.JPG
    encloser.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 44
ok i just made this design for myself next time i may make the one i just shown u. This was my HSC School Project
WOW love that !!!!! what sort of python is in the top i never seen a red one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back