Python for Novice? Any Suggestions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteblaze786

Reaction score
Hi all :) Just wanted to put the question out there, What breed of snake would you recommend for a beginner just getting into snakes. Something that is simple to care for and has a reputation for being a overall 'winner' so to speak. By the way, im located in Tasmania so if anyone knows the details regarding permits let me know, cant find much about them.

Any input appreciated, thanks :)

A scrub python is perfect. Handle that as your first snake, and you can handle anything!

You might want to talk to some other Tassie keepers, I have the suspicion that there are no imports to Tassie and no native pythons, no sale of reptiles only wc allowed, and the only snakes are elapids?

No pythons Imported YET where u located google all about reptiles Mick will help

dammit, oh well hopefully they change something about it soon. Im down near hobart so im not near any societies or groups that i know of which is a real pain. A friend of mine is looking for some natives to keep, but its hard to find the right people to get them off, Apparently you can get them as babies from someone in tas??

yeah, my cousin was looking into getting a python but tassie peeps aren't allowed to keep them..yet they can get an elapid permit and go catch one of them and keep it..go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back