Python transport box ideas?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got something similar or any suitable ideas appreciated.

Cheers

Ah how about you build a box:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

Ah how about you build a box:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A box doesn't have a handle and so is not easy to carry one handed.......... Now, a box with a hanlde , That's an idea??

Originally Posted by Chickenlover
Im about to build a timber box to transport a Bredli …………………………………..

Cheers
No mention of requesting for assistance with design, plans, component dimensions, materials selection advice, construction tips or anything else specific in this very generalised question!

If you cant understand what im asking for and dont have anything sensible to say - piss off!!

I know what i was asking for - clearly if you dont then pull your head in and shut your mouth... you may actually learn something instead of just making noise!!!!!!!
“I know what I was asking for” – You might have known but the rest of us obviously didn’t. Don’t ask a very general question and expect everyone else to be able to read your mind and post a reply in line with your thinking.

Eventually you provided a picture showing the style of wooden box which you would like to build. Copy that one it is just a simple plywood box with a hinged lid and a sliding panel covering a hole on one side. If you don't have the skill or ability to work out your own dimensions and a materials list to build it without consulting an internet forum then maybe the fabric bag and plastic box solution is the best one for you.

Another thing to consider is that it is a lot easier to disinfect a plastic box if it is soiled or to assist with quarantine.

Go ahead and build your box if you have decided it is an absolute must have item for you. Remember we are only giving you a cheaper easier option.

You peple simply cant help yourself - is everyone in here 9 years old!?
Chickenlover thank you for the honest self assessment of your own developmental age. Other more mature members will probably look upon you with less regard and respect due to your attitude in this thread. Your type of attitude and forum behaviour is why a great amount of very experienced and knowledgeable herpers don't post advice on this forum anymore.
Octane

Personally, I just chuck them in pillowcases and pile 'em up in my backpack - Much easier to cart around on the bus / train, good insulation and dark - Everything snakey wants :)

As for a box, wooden boxes can look really nice, but they tend to be quite heavy. If insulation is your problem, have you ever thought about getting an esky for them? Chuck a hot water bottle in for an hour or so before transporting and they'll stay plenty warm throughout the day, I'm sure ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back