Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I was just looking at the Qld Controlled / Commercial / Recreational / Restricted / International animals lists to make sure we could keep Nephrurus Amyae here. Much to my amazement they are a commercial animal. How do they come up with this stuff? Nephrurus laevissimus are also commercial, a reptile that there is only 3 of on the books of all NSW.

where can i find this list?

John

They have a list of animals and a pin, turn around twice, close their eyes and there you go.

re QLD

Sheesh!! They got it bad up there hey maggy :p that first half the post about the Qld contolled commercial restricted recreational animals or whatever i thought you was joking but you serious right :? God starve the flaming lizards they must hit the grog hard up there at the round table thats hard to fathom that stuff you need a lawyer or something. :?

This very ammusing mistake came from the use of common names. They put down rough knob tailed gecko and smooth knob tailed gecko and some smarty didn't realise this was supposed to be Nephrurus levis and some other common species (I can't remember the other off the top of my head :oops: ). I'll chalk that one up for those on the "scientific names are better than common names" side of the fence :)

After seeing what happens when you let pet shops get their way, the less power the pet shops have, the happier I am.

Yeh that list Magpie needs major amendments done to it. Petshops can keep Nephrurus Asper, you tell me where you can get at least one of that species. Also Golden Tailed geckos in QLD can only keep 2 x specimens - but where in the list is that even mentioned. The strangest thing is, is that poor people could get in trouble - thinking they were doing the right thing, all because of a stupid document that was worded for someone who has the highest IQ in the world - the average jo blo, including myself find that list absolutely impossible to completely understand. So you ring them and then they themselves contradict whats written. The only person who knows is who ever put that licensing list out. All to BIZARRE.

re Qld

ari said:
Yeh that list Magpie needs major amendments done to it. Petshops can keep Nephrurus Asper, you tell me where you can get at least one of that species. Also Golden Tailed geckos in QLD can only keep 2 x specimens - but where in the list is that even mentioned. The strangest thing is, is that poor people could get in trouble - thinking they were doing the right thing, all because of a stupid document that was worded for someone who has the highest IQ in the world - the average jo blo, including myself find that list absolutely impossible to completely understand. So you ring them and then they themselves contradict whats written. The only person who knows is who ever put that licensing list out. All to BIZARRE.
I see now from what you and sadji have said it regards commercial aqs in pet shops,i thought magpie was giving us the wind up or something thanks,still gobly gook though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back