Qld recreational wildlife licence made easy (non ven pythons)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need import / export permits either and Movement Advice is free off the web.

A point of clarification: you need a movement permit if you're moving into or out of Queensland with the animal. The movement permit is different from the movement advice.

A point of clarification: you need a movement permit if you're moving into or out of Queensland with the animal. The movement permit is different from the movement advice.

No so! Movement Advice covers ALL movements within and between states.

Movement Permit:
You will need a wildlife movement permit to move a protected or international animal if:

the movement is not generally exempt.

you do not complete a movement advice if required to do by the Wildlife Management Regulation; or

you wish to move a protected animal in circumstances where you need the chief executive's written approval but you don't receive the approval.

It is not possible to produce a comprehensive list of situations in which a wildlife movement permit is needed.

Last edited:
Just so others reading this thread know, I'm moving to Queensland with my stimmie.

No so! Movement Advice covers ALL movements within and between states.

That's what I would have thought. Logically, to me anyway, an import is an import and an export is an export, no matter whether the animal stays with the same person or not. I couldn't find anything that explicitly stated the point, so I checked with DERM. They told me I needed a movement permit.

They've now issued the permit - yesterday in fact - and no one's said it's the wrong thing to do. I have all the emails in case it turns out they've given me bad advice. :)

I am so glad I found this thread, I was just trying to search on DERM website and I couldn't find a thing that was helpful

Can the upgrade purely for GTP and Woma's be done in person at an EPA branch, or is it best to apply via email?

If your moving house and you don't need to fill out a movement advice form do you need to at least email DERM to let them know of your new address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back