'Quality' work from a tattoo studio....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nightowl

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A while ago there was a discussion regarding backyard tattooists and their poor quality and hygiene procedures. I understand these issues and respect most professional tattoo artists but as I said in that thread, there are artists working in studios that do a lot worse work than some backyarders.

Well, here is an example. This guy came to me the other day wanting this tattoo fixed that he just got from a shop in Ulladulla about 2 weeks ago. This was done by a 'professional' tattooist in a studio taken from flash on the wall. Sorry about the quality of the photo as it was taken on my old mobile phone, but it matches the quality of the work! I'd really like to see the original flash this work was based off because I can bet it wasn't meant to look like that!

Some of the black hasn't healed yet but even the rest of the line work, composition and design is just terrible!

Image361.jpg

Tsk Tsk Tsk......I always double check the transfer first. If it doesnt look right then they dont get anywhere near me with the needles.

See kiddies this is what happens when you roll up drunk to get a tattoo.

Tsk Tsk Tsk......I always double check the transfer first. If it doesnt look right then they dont get anywhere near me with the needles.

See kiddies this is what happens when you roll up drunk to get a tattoo.

Funny thing was the guy was stone cold sober when he got that! :shock: He checked out photos on the wall of tattoos the guy had done previously and thought his work was good.

That's n-a-s-t-y!! Surely people ask for recommended artists....surely??? Can you go over tattoos?

I'm not sure with this one....I think it is beyond repair, unless he gets a nice big black blob as a sleeve? :lol:

that'd probably look better :lol:

lol it looks a bit dodge...... poor guy, would have wanted to kill the other artist!

Is there any way to maybe turn it into something more tribal looking

He doesn't want a full on tribal design ..... which makes the task so much harder. I am going to tell him to go back and demand they fix it. It is their 'baby', they can deal with it.

Weird thing is, he seems fairly happy with the results. He mainly wants pieces added to it to make the image larger to take up his whole arm instead of how it is now.

the problem I'm assuming is that no one actually regulates who's a tattoo 'artist' or not. I eman I know there are associations but my impressions is that this is based on service delivery i.e. sterilisation, hygene etc as opposed to quality of work. it really comes down to the shop owner - if people get crap tatts there they wont be back and word will spread and vice versa.

also with that tatt, whislt you couldnt just go over it, a decent artist would be able to do a lot with that design cos there's a lot of 'space' in it to extend things and change the overall shape of it.

Yes you could cover that thing with good artwork, but the guy wants a type of polynesian design, which I think that was meant to be. I don't think you could cover that with another polynesian design.

LOL thats a crap tattoo

but this is the dumbest tattoo ever

mr_cool_ice.jpg

i think he goes by the name of "Mr cool ice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back