Quick Question for NSW People

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

misky

Reaction score
Well after a few years of being reptileless and i am chomping at the bit to get back into it :D

Cage is built, money is saved and licence is sent away. I'm waiting as patiently as I possibly can but I was hoping maybe someone would be able to tell me how long I can expect to wait to get my licence?

Thanks in advance
Luxie :D

If NSW is anything like Vic you'll be waiting a long time! :lol:

id give it a month. i think on the forms you sent it tells you how long. it wouldnt hurt to ring national parks and ask.

Hi, I have found NSW Parks and Wildlife excellent and you shouldnt be waiting more than 2 weeks. Give them a ring and see where your application is in the process line. Happy Herping

Rosemary said:
Hi, I have found NSW Parks and Wildlife excellent and you shouldnt be waiting more than 2 weeks. Give them a ring and see where your application is in the process line. Happy Herping

How long have you worked for N.P.W.S Rose? :lol: :lol:

I sent off for my licence 2 weeks ago so hopefully it shouldn't be to far away so I will give then a ring on Monday to see if they can tell me if it has been processed yet :D

I'm looking at getting some eastern water dragons and either some jungles, diamonds or murray darlings to begin with.

Also does anyone know much about the class 2 licence? I know you have to have a class 1 for 2 years. Will I still have to be on a class 1 for 2 years if I heald a VIC licence for a year or will I be able to get a class 2 after 1 year? I'm dying to get some lacies :D

Ask 'em that tomorrow when you call them. I've found NSW NPWS to be pretty accomodating on several occasions, it certainly can't hurt to ask.

:p

Hix

NSW licensing...

As a recent arrival in NSW myself, I have to say that NPWS has been most helpful so far. I did have some years experience in WA, but I'd say you can get a year's credit if you can show copies of the Vic licence you held. I received my NSW licence (Class 2) and my import permit to move my animals into NSW within a fortnight of lodging my application, and they even faxed copies of the I/P to me to save time. Much easier (and FAR less expensive) to deal with than CALM!

Good luck and go for it!

Jamie.

Just ring them and ask for your license number. Once you have that you can then purchase animals to your hearts content!

i have found npws to be very good got my licence within a week and a recent import licence within 3 days. never had any problems.
cheers.

We got our licence number within 4 days & the licence was sent out within 2 weeks of filling in & sending off the form. Like others have said, just give them a call, they are very accomodating & willing help.

I'm all excited now :D :D I have been a bit worried because the post where I live can be outrageous ( took me six seeks to get a letter that was posted from 25 kms away) so I thought that I would be waiting for ever to start buying some reptiles but now that I know that I only need my number I'll be ringing them first thing in the morning... finally a good reason to get out of bed early on my day off :D :D

Thank you all for your help... you've made my day :)

Rang up NPWS today and my licence should be processed by tommorrow or at the latest wednesday so I'm almost ready to go :D :D :D

This is prob weird but I got myne in 4 days and I was told to wait 3 weeks. Im in Melb tho. :D Id just ring em and get ya licence number :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back