Rabbits in queensland

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Male rabbits are sterile at over about 30C, so the tropics limit the spread of wild rabbits to a certain extent. The last thing that queensland needs is a captive population of rabbits to top up the wild population when they are decimated by the heat. I often stay at Urunga caravan park on the nsw north coast, and it is nothing to see 50 plus coloured bunnies hopping around the park and ajioning gardens at dusk.

Lived in Vic most of my life and I wish the bloody things were never introduced into the country in the first place. The damage they have wreaked on our native flora and scenery over the last 150 years is insurmountably measurable.

I will concede they taste good.

Rabbits make great pets for young kids. They don't bite or scratch like most small animals do with youngsters.

I'm not sure if you are just on the anti feral anything bandwagon but I really don't see any great difference between rabbits or hares physically when comparing wild animals. I lived in areas where both are wild and very difficult to tell them apart from more than 30 meters or so.

not sure about they dont bite or scratch, ours nearly became stew when the wouldnt let us hold them and drew blood daily

Rabbits make great pets for young kids. They don't bite or scratch like most small animals do with youngsters.

I'm not sure if you are just on the anti feral anything bandwagon but I really don't see any great difference between rabbits or hares physically when comparing wild animals. I lived in areas where both are wild and very difficult to tell them apart from more than 30 meters or so.

I won't go that far with them not biting or scratching, I had a young rabbit bite off half of my fingernail into my finger when I was younger, and without proper grooming and correct care, rabbits nails do become very long and can easily scratch, especially with their little “fluster” of kicking they do, silly little bunnies!

I love bunnies too emmalene they are the cutest. I used to have a couple live free range in my bungalow when I was about 19 that were litter box trained. Of a night they would jump up onto my bed and get bellow the blankets and snuggle right up to me lol it was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back