Rain & greens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you do anything to treat the blisters, or just wait for them to slough?

Edit: Jinin beat me to it lol

The snake is getting close to sloughing, so I am going to leave it. Years ago I had a diamond with blisters and I took it to the vet (big mistake). The vet pierced the blisters to drain the liquid but it also drained the liquid separating the old and new skin. As a result, the snake didn't slough properly and the dry skin over the blisters caused a mild scale rot. ...The things you learn as you go!

Yeah sometimes you learn things the hard ways that really sucks but at least it was a mild case.

i have had a stimsoni that through electrical failures was exposed to humid conditions for a maximum period of 48 hours, it also got these blisters and then shed the next week and all was fine. I think that its possible that they only occur when the snake is about to slough.

I read that they slough as a result of them. It is their best/only way to get rid of the excess moisture underneath their skin

A very impressive setup mate. I live in the UK and am praying that some Cape Yorks make it to our waters legally one day, do the Capes ever produce red babies or like Aru's is it yellow only?

if i lived in the tropics i would have our gtp outside too, fantastic pics Michael they sure live in paradise !!

do they get the blisters at friction points ie; where they coil the branch? or is it from sitting in water? nice setup, i love the greenhouse!!!

do the Capes ever produce red babies or like Aru's is it yellow only?

Aussie Greens are only ever yellow.

Great pics as always Michael, hope you guys (& Greens) are doing ok with the weather up there. What a year!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back