Randy Beardie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrien

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Lately, my bearded dragon had been going nuts. Every time I walk in, he's franticly trying to get out. I can't hold him because he just jumps out of my hands and then goes for a run on the floor. He's also hissing at me a lot more than normal :lol: . His beard is also going pitch black on occasion. In other words he just getting really hyperactive. I reckon he needs a girl. What do you guys think is wrong with him? The other problem is that he is unusually small for his age but still sexually mature. I he's about 35cm and about two years old. If i get a girl for him, she would have to be around the same size and sexually mature two.
Please help
Simon

I wouldn't say theres anything wrong with him, male beardies always become more active around mating season.
Best thing to do is get a girl, they sort themselves out (which will include bitting) but even with a girl he'll do the same kind of thing around this time of year.

just wondering if he sobrien could put 2 females, that should krrp him busy.
im not familiar with fighting,competition and overal behaviour as adults. I have been told ackies have to be kept together from when tehy are young and grow up together and that introduction at adult hood can result in fatal fights etc.

I thought of getting, but my enclosure size doesn't really allow it.
Thanks

Sobrien? I had a male like that once ( reptilian) and to calm him i was told to put in a mirror. It worked except he made a track from one end of the mirror and back being territorial. It didnt harm him and its better than crowding them into a small tank.
Em

That would drive the poor thing crazy, one female isn't going to take much more room.

It's a 120X60X60cm enclosure, I just wouldn't put two females in.
Once again thanks for your sugestions.
And if anyone knows of anyone with a female please, let me know :) .
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back