rap vs rock

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PS. my favorite album atm is Wolfmother, those guys know how to rock!!!

I also like 30 seconds from Mars and my daughters band "Mascara". Check out her myspace page www.myspace.com/ma5cara she is the lead guitarist, something for you in betweens to listen too, an all girl comtemporary rock band....they rock!!

I have to admit i don't mind some of the aussie hip hop floating around... but some of it is waaaay too okka sounding :rolleyes:.... but OMG when the hell will rap, hip hop r&b etc ever come up with a new concept for thier videos??? oh look more half naked booty chicks shaking thier butts.... how original :rolleyes:

IMO.... Rock & Metal all the way.

It is not secret that I am a great admirer of Tool, the talent and beauty on all levels of thier music is second to none....

I cannot stand this emo crap.... my blood boils at the thought of good charlotte, panic at the disco etc

As for Wolfmother etc i think its great that they are bringing the ol school rock back.... everything goes in cycles....

Lyrics mean alot to me , yep i'm one of those nerds that reads into lyrics of a song and can always find a away to speak in lyrics to describe how I'm feeling etc....

Artists I admire.... Tool, A Perfect Circle, John Butler Trio, Cog, Niel Young, Queens of the Stoneage, Kyuss, Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath The Doors, Magic Dirt, Korn, System of a Down, Fear Factory, Hytest, Richie & The Creeps, Le Scorpiennes etc etc etc the list really does go on....

By the way is it just me or doe sit really annoy you when you see kids running around in Doors, Ramones etc shirts and ur like OMFG do you even know the band damnit!!!! ggggrrrrrr :evil:

RAP is CRAP,
make no doubts about that,
thats the facts on that rap

can I be your manager Roger :lol: thats cool rappin' dude :lol: :lol:

i like bands like blink 182, sum 41 and boxcar racer but all rock is good but i cant reli understand scremo

rap is crap the make up all these words that dont make sence

Rock.
Goth(no not 'emo'), metal, punk, oi etc
Although there is good old school rap like Run dmc, NWA, Public Enemy etc

serpenttongue it's on umm Broadway I think that's what it's called.

Metal Forever!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, do any of you Sydney metalheads know where the hell Utopia Records has moved to??

Yes.
You know the end of King street there is a big park?
It's opposite there.
Sort of between Glebe point road and that other road that goes into the shopping center.
Utopia is pretty overpriced though.Either that or eBay has turned me into a tight ass!! :)

What is it with herp people liking metal :lol:

i have wierd veiws on music i love all types of hiphop rap and stuff besides australian rap(eg hill top hood gangsta wanna bes) and with rock i love punk rock but dontlike emo rock or metal
:)

wait after re reading i think i was a bit to easy on metal i hate metal and i hate screamo even more :D and when i say i hate it i mean i hate it as much as just buying an adult pair of gtp and habing them die on you :D

i like both types of music
country and western

My brothers got me into all the good stuff early on, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple etc then later I got into stuff like Iron Maiden, Steppenwolf, Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult, Rainbow, Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Pink Floyd etc.
I just don't see the point in Rap, it is seemingly performed by talentless 'artists' out to cash in on the latest thing among kids. Kids just seem to like it because their peers do and they get their 50 Cent t-shirt and put their cap on back to front or even worse with the peak over the ear and reckon they are gangstas.
I equally dislike thrash metal, it's just noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back